• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Croydon Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croydon Again

Police officer shot dead at Croydon police station

Officer shot dead at Croydon police station - BBC News

Croydon is a dreadful place.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Just heard that on the radio.

Comment

Croydon is the only city where I used a taxi to go from client-co to the hotel each day after there was a stabbing and mugging outside client-so's front door.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Croydon is the only city where I used a taxi to go from client-co to the hotel each day after there was a stabbing and mugging outside client-so's front door.
        How did you get to the taxi?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          How did you get to the taxi?
          Taxi at the front door, FFS, you could not work that bit out yourself.

Comment

Taxi at the front door, FFS, you could not work that bit out yourself.
            Originally posted by Paddy
            after there was a stabbing and mugging outside client-so's front door.
            So you didn't really mitigate that specific risk, did you?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

when i worked in croydon all you could hear was police siren all day long. it was seriously unsafe after dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                when i worked in croydon all you could hear was police siren all day long. it was seriously unsafe after dark.
                They're probably keeping tabs on the local Tory Councillors.

It’s true that a Conservative councillor in Croydon is a former member of the IRA - Full Fact

Comment

Nasty! I had the same experience at Putney bridge where I turned up to find my hotel was partially in a police cordon after a murder in the street.

I did a project in Croydon that involved very late nights (As in 10pm - 2am) and it was absolutely awful leaving that time. Like Paddy, I used to Taxi - constant police cars everywhere, gangs everywhere - absolutely utterly grim. Not a place to be walking in a suit with a laptop bag, that's for sure!

Comment

Did the same with a gig in Belfast. Grew tired of being asked on the street 'and what would your family name be?'
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X