Working from home 'costs central London £2.3bn' Working from home 'costs central London £2.3bn'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13

More time posting than coding

BigDataPro is a permanent contractor

Default Working from home 'costs central London £2.3bn'

There's a interesting conversation going on in BBC. Yes conversation, now that BBC has realised, adapted and improved their comment section.

Coronavirus: Working from home '''costs central London GBP2.3bn''' - BBC News

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Certain the business will return, it'll just be 12-24 months before it does.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

My post count is Majestic

SueEllen is always on top

Some of the places rely on tourists and regardless of whether people went back to work in offices or not, there wouldn't be any tourists so there would still be a spending short fall.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Although some of it will return to Paris, Frankfurt and Dublin if the No Deal trajectory continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Fingers like lightning

edison has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I think that will be too late for many businesses to survive unless the government keeps launching new support schemes.

Contractor Among Contractors

GJABS - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Yes conversation, now that BBC has realised, adapted and improved their comment section.

[/url]
    About 20 years after everyone else.

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I think that will be too late for many businesses to survive unless the government keeps launching new support schemes.
    Agreed. They need to close and stop draining the cash that remains.

Continue borrowing from future generations is like grave robbing in reverse. Just cause the living don't need it now is not a defence.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

More time posting than coding

dsc is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    They would have to start launching schemes which actually support though which I doubt will happen, so in 6 months there'll be feck all to go back to.

Still gathering requirements...

GregRickshaw is too good to be a permie

Default I wondered where the dinosaurs had gone...

I imagine it (loss of revenue) barely dents anyone's income other than overly rich landlords and sadly the very local shopkeepers who are independents.

Working from home has been 'a thing' for the last 20 years and massively on the rise before Covid. The acceleration was inevitable anyway as long as the environment was at the forefront of government's minds.

Companies who weren't letting workers work from home have adapted very well and very quickly and probably are now realising they don't need office space any more. The no more office space will be the biggest loss of revenue for landlords.

Companies who don't allow home working are ultimately dinosaurs and will lose workers very quickly to more forward thinking companies.

More fingers than teeth

minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

The core property of most UK cities is made up of companies that have been bribed to open offices with regional development grants.

The office was already uneconomic and we've been propping up this system for years. It's going to get really bad soon for cities.