That World Beating App That World Beating App
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 40

My post count is Majestic

SueEllen is always on top

Default That World Beating App

NHS Covid-19: App users unable to input negative tests - BBC News

You just can't input negative test results ...

People in England who test negative for Covid-19 are unable to share the result with the new NHS app for England and Wales if they did not book the test through it in the first place.

The app asks for a code to register a test result but a code is only received if the test is positive.

Those who enter that they have symptoms without entering a result find a self-isolation countdown begins.

The Department for Health and Social Care said the app would be updated.

People who have been using the app since its launch on Thursday, and who had already booked tests before downloading it, have found that they are unable to stop the self-isolation countdown after reporting symptoms if they then get a negative result, because it does not come with a code they can share.

"That's so confusing as the app doesn't tell you that can't enter negative test booked outside it," said Prof Deborah Ryan, who originally contacted the BBC.

"And the app still tells you to quarantine if you entered symptoms. So this means I can't turn off the self-isolation alert in the app?"

The self-isolation alert cannot be de-activated in this situation.

In addition, tests taken as a result of the Office for National Statistics surveys, and those taken in an NHS Hospital or Public Health England lab, cannot be shared on the app regardless of the result, according to a tweet from the app's official account .

It is not clear how many test results would be affected by this.

In Wales, lab test results come with notification tokens for the app, Ifan Evans, health director for digital technology and transformation, tweeted .

The Department of Health said that using the app is "entirely voluntary" and advice to get a test or self-isolate cannot be enforced.

Tests booked via the app will have the results automatically shared with it, it said.

According to the data analyst App Annie the NHS Covid-19 app has been downloaded around 4m times so far.

"By downloading this app you are helping protect yourself and others. If you book your test via the app then the results will be automatically recorded in the app and the isolation countdown will be updated," said a DHSC spokesman.

If you are asked to self-isolate for 14 days because you have been in close contact with somebody who has tested positive, you are advised by health officials to do so even if you later test negative yourself
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

World beating eh? I wonder what world the Tories are talking about

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

More fingers than teeth

minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

Yes, we need to contact trace people in contact with those who dont have it.

JFC

Another brilliant bug is that if you check-in with the app it doesn't check you out for hours. So you could be safely at home but be told to isolate by the app as someone who arrived 2 hours after you is positive.

Oh and if you don't self-isolate when told to you will get a nice fat fine from 28th September.

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Another brilliant bug is that if you check-in with the app it doesn't check you out for hours. So you could be safely at home but be told to isolate by the app as someone who arrived 2 hours after you is positive.

Oh and if you don't self-isolate when told to you will get a nice fat fine from 28th September.
    There are so many reasons not to install the app (assuming you even have a phone that is compatible) - It beggars belief how these Tories manage to get up in the morning and dress themselves!
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

More fingers than teeth

minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

Phones cant do what everyone wants them to do in this.

IF the idiots who think they will are distracted on this then they wont get involved in the important bits that do matter.

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    Phones cant do what everyone wants them to do in this.

IF the idiots who think it will are distracted on this then they wont get involved in the important bits that do matter.
    Care to re-write those 2 sentences in a way that makes them coherent?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Double Godlike!

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post

Which is when I'll be deleting the app. What is the point of a tracing app which doesn't actually trace your whereabouts?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

The English “World Beating App” uses 50% of my phone’s battery in 24 hours.

Watching your wife on pronhub uses less battery.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

I just got an email telling me to download and install the world beating app.

I downloaded, installed it and deleted it after hearing all the bugs. (Plus all the pubs that serve food take bookings with your phone number anyway.)