• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Darwinism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Darwinism

At least 15,000 people cram Trafalgar Square in rally against lockdown | Daily Mail Online

Anti-lockdown protesters clash with police after at least 15,000 gathered against virus restrictions in Trafalgar Square - while a QUARTER of UK population is put under some form of lockdown - and conspiracy theorist Piers Corbyn addresses crowd

• Attendees of the 'We Do Not Consent' rally gathered in Trafalgar Square and Hyde Park, London, earlier today
    • Crowds have been urged to abide by coronavirus restrictions and warned that violence will not be tolerated
    • Ten people were arrested during the march - which moved to Hyde Park - and four police officers were injured
    • Piers Corbyn, brother of former Labour leader Jeremy, and conspiracy theorist David Icke are in attendance
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Idiots.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The trouble is, it would be fine if it were just them affected by their idiocy but 15k people can spread the virus far and wide if there a few infected ringers in the group

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The trouble is, it would be fine if it were just them affected by their idiocy but 15k people can spread the virus far and wide if there a few infected ringers in the group

Yep the virus is like NLyUK it doesn't care about your political opinions it just wants someone to infect!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

30 years ago I lived on Arran when David Icke said it was going to be consumed by an earthquake. Now I help run advertising campaigns for finance brands that get plagued by his followers complaining that fiat currencies are imaginary constructs.

Comment

Why does every one of their protests have David Icke and Piers Corbyn? They are known nutters.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Why does every one of their protests have David Icke and Piers Corbyn? They are known nutters.
              I think we insulate ourselves from the total stupidity that is out there.

Comment

It was probably just a short layover on their way to tax haven, Monaco.

Comment

There weren't 15000 when I walked through there about 4.30pm. No more than a few hundred, at best. And they weren't in the Square itself, they were in one of the side streets, almost outnumbered by Police.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I would be very curious to learn more about those people. Takes guts to show that kind of conviction in your beliefs.
                    Do they have a job that requires thinking? How do they get by every day being so ignorant and at the same time so convinced.

Never understood the idea of a protest, did it once while in uni, one of the political parties was trying to make a case about the other party doing something to students.Not in Uk, it was irrelevant to us also. Anyway, we got the equivalent of 2 nights drinking in cash and we went as a group so it was fun.
                    Half way through the protest, we, group of all males from an engineering university, all captivated by the grace of the TV reporter that supposedly was about to interview us. Then our pre-defined slogans suddenly changed to "the girl from (name of tv station) show us your boobies". It rimes in that language. I guess we were a waste of money and I was a hoe back then as well... but I digress

Anyway, it takes conviction to commute to city centre and spend quite a few hours of your day for a cause, they had to be pretty motivated by it.
                    Wish I had that...

Comment

Working...
                    X