• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birth Control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is jaw dropping watching Dianne Feinstein use a "you can't serve the Pope and America" derivative.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      She is against both. The point is the lefties are only getting upset about the former and conveniently ignoring the latter. So, on the one hand, she'll probably tend to measures that tighten abortion law, but on the other hand, she'll also tend to measures that restrict the death penalty.

Some Christians view life as sacrosanct, but that doesn't preclude being a soldier, nor does it immediately mean being against a state sanctioned death penalty. The biggest issue with the US system is not in my view the death penalty per se (although I think it should be abolished), rather the sheer numbers on death row, the number of very doubtful convictions - and the demographic of those on death row.
      Don't forget that recent changes to the way lethal injection is administered has made it a terrifying and cruel way to die. IMHO, sane people can disagree about the death penalty but nobody should agree with torturing someone to death.

Comment

Dont think they really execute that many people these days. 14 this year, 2 black. I would imagine that their crimes were really feckin bad.

Comment

Working...
        X