• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't Drink The Water!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Drink gin, not water!
    Save gin, bath with a friend. No, that's not right, is it...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Drink gin, not water!
      Gin was originally popular as it was healthier than drinking the water in 18th century
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Texas residents warned over brain-eating microbe in tap water | London Evening Standard

Residents of a city in Texas have been warned to be careful with tap water, after a deadly brain-eating microbe was found in the water supply.

Lake Jackson was one of eight communities in Texas that were told not to use tap water on Friday after tests confirmed the presence of Naegleria fowleri, an amoeba that can cause a brain infection.

Authorities launched the probe after the death of a six-year-old boy earlier this month.

Warnings were lifted for seven of the communities on Saturday but remain in place for Lake Jackson, a city of nearly 27,000 people near the coast, south-west of Houston.

City authorities said in a statement that people must boil tap water before drinking it. Residents were also told including to not to go up their noses while taking a shower or bath.

Children, people with weakened immune systems and the elderly are "particularly vulnerable," they added.
        Not just Texas -
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Gin was originally popular as it was healthier than drinking the water in 18th century got you drunk and was cheap and easy to produce
          It was beer they drank instead of water, wasn't it?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            It was beer they drank instead of water, wasn't it?
            There seems to be some conflicting thoughts on that. In some areas beer was considered more nutritious than water and in others it was due to water quality. A quick google brings up both theories.

Comment

There seems to be some conflicting thoughts on that. In some areas beer was considered more nutritious than water and in others it was due to water quality. A quick google brings up both theories.
              I always understood beer as being the water substitute and Gin being the luxury due to relative cost.

though some suggest that water was the norm.

Did Medieval People Drink Beer Instead of Water? | HowStuffWorks
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X