• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They are gonna lock us up...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Risks to themselves or risks to the broader public?
    You know what that answer is.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Risks to themselves or risks to the broader public?
      I think people are able to make their own judgment to be in situations where they are around people they trust to have made similar safe judgments. Discrimination always gets such a negative association.

You use "broader public" like marxists uses lumpenproletariat, I always consider Baroness Thatcher on matters of collectivism...

"There is living tapestry of men and women and people and the beauty of that tapestry and the quality of our lives will depend upon how much each of us is prepared to take responsibility for ourselves"

...and you be wise to consider her views as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You know what that answer is.
        Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I think people are able to make their own judgment to be in situations where they are around people they trust to have made similar safe judgments. Discrimination always gets such a negative association.

You use "broader public" like marxists uses lumpenproletariat, I always consider Baroness Thatcher on matters of collectivism...

"There is living tapestry of men and women and people and the beauty of that tapestry and the quality of our lives will depend upon how much each of us is prepared to take responsibility for ourselves"

...and you be wise to consider her views as well.
        Because if everyone should make their own decisions, there is no case for the state mandating that someone who is Covid positive but asymptomatic must stay at home, or even that they mustn't turn up to their agency shifts at five different nursing homes over the course of a week.

Comment

Because if everyone should make their own decisions, there is no case for the state mandating that someone who is Covid positive but asymptomatic must stay at home, or even that they mustn't turn up to their agency shifts at five different nursing homes over the course of a week.
          You mean like this:

Comment

"I'm going to straight out say that the public should have the same obligations to the government as an employee has to an employer and I don't think that is ******* mental"

Comment

"I'm going to straight out say that the public should have the same obligations to the government as an employee has to an employer and I don't think that is ******* mental"
              I think we're pretty clear who is mental here.

Comment

You know there are laws that govern an employer and employee relationship? So your analogy doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                X