• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This morning a UK agent sent me a spec

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning a UK agent sent me a spec

For a job in Berlin but is remote working and of no interest to me.

The majority of UK agents that have got in touch recently all now state 'EU citizen' only, or 'must be EU citizen'.

How odd I nearly never saw this before but am now I'm reminded with every enquiry. And there's a sudden increase in enquires the past month or two. Always when you're not looking.

Are UK based contractors prepared for being excluded outside a market as large as the EU?

Key Requirements

5+ years' experience of project management
    Experience with substations, grid connections and offshore technology
    German speaking is a must due to the whole role being spoken in German
    English preferred
    EU Citizen
    Experience with documentation
    Experience in all the role responsibilities
    Experience with MS office
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I doubt we have that many UK contractors buzzing around the EU market in private jets fixing complex IT issues and charging 2k a day for the pleasure of dealing with us. So yeah, I dont think we are that bothered if a muppet posts a job ad and specifies that it is only for an EU citizen.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Must be German speaking but English is preferred?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Short hand that we only want certain citizens from the EU.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          I doubt we have that many UK contractors buzzing around the EU market in private jets fixing complex IT issues and charging 2k a day for the pleasure of dealing with us. So yeah, I dont think we are that bothered if a muppet posts a job ad and specifies that it is only for an EU citizen.

Most of the ones I have seen appear to be a pay cut on a permie salary in the UK after expenses.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Short hand that we only want certain citizens from the EU.
            One advantage all european countries have is that by insisting on local language skills they can stop a whole lot of immigration...

England and Ireland simply don't have that option.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Probably something to do with the Workers Council (Betriebsrat)
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                One advantage all european countries have is that by insisting on local language skills they can stop a whole lot of immigration...

England and Ireland simply don't have that option.
                I had a few with Welsh speakers only.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Visit the Rolls Royce site in Berlin, more British accents than you can shake a stick at. Makes Derby look like a branch office.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I had a few with Welsh speakers only.
                    Then they cut undercut by Argentinians.

Comment

Working...
                    X