• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Process of liquidation is concerning, same for others?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Process of liquidation is concerning, same for others?

Hi all,

Been a while.

I wanted to know, does anyone else find the process of liquidation concerning?

I'm referring to, the process when sending 100% of the remaining funds of your account to a 3rd party who will then handle your funds, pay 75% back and keep the 25% for a year before finally sending you the final 25%?

On a side note, whoever has liquidated their company, do you have any recommendations of who to use? What cost are they roughly charging as I'd like to see what their fee is compared to someone I've been liaising with.

Maslins - MVL Online.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Maslins - MVL Online.
      +1

I’ve used them and was very happy.

Google MVL Online - their prices are on the website - very transparent.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles View Post
        Hi all,

Been a while.

I wanted to know, does anyone else find the process of liquidation concerning?

I'm referring to, the process when sending 100% of the remaining funds of your account to a 3rd party who will then handle your funds, pay 75% back and keep the 25% for a year before finally sending you the final 25%?

On a side note, whoever has liquidated their company, do you have any recommendations of who to use? What cost are they roughly charging as I'd like to see what their fee is compared to someone I've been liaising with.
        I haven't gone through the process but, to alleviate your fears (I've put in bold), you do need to use a reputable company as per the recommendations given. A good firm will explain the whole process to you.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, looking into MVLonline now.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I haven't gone through the process but, to alleviate your fears (I've put in bold), you do need to use a reputable company as per the recommendations given. A good firm will explain the whole process to you.

The problem I'm having ladymuck is, how do you know which company is reputable. I haven't yet found a 'big name' if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles View Post
            Thanks for the suggestions, looking into MVLonline now.

The problem I'm having ladymuck is, how do you know which company is reputable. I haven't yet found a 'big name' if you know what I mean.
            Recommendations. Do a search here and you'll find some. This isn't a new topic.

Comment

I'm getting one distribution.

Comment

Maslins, recommended here, used by a few people at least. Last time I checked cost was around £2k.

Comment

Working...
                X