• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cluckin' Bell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluckin' Bell

Cluckin' Bell, it's early Christmas. I wondered what the service truck was doing at 6am, now I know. Fixing mini Christmas trees ( I think real ones) to the shops and offices. What state will they be in by the time it gets to Christmas day?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The Sony Classic channel became the Xmas channel this very week.

Bah fecking humbug.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Cluckin' Bell, it's early Christmas. I wondered what the service truck was doing at 6am, now I know. Fixing mini Christmas trees ( I think real ones) to the shops and offices. What state will they be in by the time it gets to Christmas day?
        They are real small Christmas trees, and the weather today is sunny 20c. The trees are paid for by the compulsory Business Development Tax that cost me an extra £2400 pa. I phoned up the council and asked why they are putting the trees up so early. They replied it is to cheer the people up with a longer Christmas season due to Covid-19.

Nobody looks any happier.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          They are real small Christmas trees, and the weather today is sunny 20c. The trees are paid for by the compulsory Business Development Tax that cost me an extra £2400 pa. I phoned up the council and asked why they are putting the trees up so early. They replied it is to cheer the people up with a longer Christmas season due to Covid-19.

Nobody looks any happier.
          Maybe they're doing it to trigger miserable sods like you. That would be money well spent.

Comment

Well consider me triggered. No Christmas until after Bonfire Night.

Bah humbug.

Comment

Working...
            X