• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Doesn't Know His Own Rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sorry but "can you meet a friend for a pint in a beer garden in Bishop Auckland" is not something he needs to be asked about.
    ABR14S .... why not? It's a major government policy, just released and the hottest topic. He and his team should be expecting that question and he should know his own policies inside out. There are no excuses.

All his ministers should also know, especially if they are going to be self publicising on TV/radio today.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      ABR14S .... why not? It's a major government policy, just released and the hottest topic. He and his team should be expecting that question and he should know his own policies inside out. There are no excuses.

All his ministers should also know, especially if they are going to be self publicising on TV/radio today.
      Are we sure Boris knows where Bishop Auckland is? It might have been a trick question?

(I'm pretty sure I went there about 30 years ago, but I couldn't tell you where it was, except that it was a hell of a lot further away than I was expecting. Almost as far as the other Auckland, actually...)
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Are we sure Boris knows where Bishop Auckland is? It might have been a trick question?

(I'm pretty sure I went there about 30 years ago, but I couldn't tell you where it was, except that it was a hell of a lot further away than I was expecting. Almost as far as the other Auckland, actually...)
        Ok, so if he didn't know where it is why did he try to bumble and bluster his way through the question? Why not clarify where the town is and then be accurate with the information regarding that area? It's really not rocket surgery!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Why should he have done that? I'd rather local restrictions fit local transmission data.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
          The problem is they don't.

The Councils who had the tighter restrictions imposed on them in the NE were not given input into them to ensure they would work for their local population.

Also the data is faulty. For starters the government moved testing capacity away from areas it decided had low incidents of infection e.g. London ignoring the fact that when education establishments reopened transmission would increase so these areas would need that testing capacity to stop infections increasing again. Then there is the failure of track and trace.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The UK is not the US. It is tiny by comparison.

He only needs to know the rules in England as Wales, Scotland and NI have devolved governments.

The point is he should have made the rules and law the same in all local lockdown regions in England so everyone understands what they are.

They dont have a clue here either...

Coronavirus Scotland: Students must NOT go back to family home as it is separate household from flat

Comment

I never said the leaders of the UK countries other than England had a clue but BJ doesn't need to know those rules and just refer the press to their respective leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I never said the leaders of the UK countries other than England had a clue but BJ doesn't need to know those rules and just refer the press to their respective leaders.
                My point was that the chief science professor chap in Scotland didn't know the rules. And he presumably made them up. THey had to 'resign' the last one in charge when she broke them going away for the weekend with her family.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  My point was that the chief science professor chap in Scotland didn't know the rules. And he presumably made them up. THey had to 'resign' the last one in charge when she broke them going away for the weekend with her family.
                  Least she fecked off unlike someone else who gave a press conference...

Comment

Originally posted by [B
                    Alok Sharma[/B];2813237]There is an element of slightly ‘gotcha’ about this in terms of this line of questioning. You are a flagship programme when it comes to serious news and it is not a quiz show.
                    Used 'gotcha' in 3 different interviews this morning, obviously a scriptwriter in there somewhere
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Whataboutery ..... we're talking about the incompetence of Boris here, so stop deflecting.

These Tories don't know their own rules yet are threatening others who don't follow the said same rules with fines. You see why this is an issue mate?

Comment

Working...
                      X