• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Doesn't Know His Own Rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Doesn't Know His Own Rules

UK coronavirus news: PM unable to clarify details of how new lockdown rules work in north east England | Politics | The Guardian

Here is some comment from journalists on Boris Johnson’s failure to give a clear answer to the question about what the new restrictions in the north east mean. (See 11.57am.)

No one seems entirely clear yet as to whether what he did say about the rules was right or wrong - but that’s partly because it was not very clear what he was saying.

https://twitter.com/gordonrayner/sta...9-live-updates

PM seems unsure about his own rules on where people can meet in NE: "As I understand it..." Didn't he invent these rules?
    https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/stat...9-live-updates

Andy Bell asks PM to clarify the new(ish) Covid rules. What follows is an answer which does not answer the Q and is so confusing I am going to have to rewind it in an attempt to understand.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Well he is a big fan of Trump and you know what they say:

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      UK coronavirus news: PM unable to clarify details of how new lockdown rules work in north east England | Politics | The Guardian

Here is some comment from journalists on Boris Johnson’s failure to give a clear answer to the question about what the new restrictions in the north east mean. (See 11.57am.)

No one seems entirely clear yet as to whether what he did say about the rules was right or wrong - but that’s partly because it was not very clear what he was saying.
      I watched the clip and I'm not sure if he really got anything wrong or just evaded the question.

I don't buy the argument "how can local people know the rules if ministers don't?" Local people only need to know the rules where they live, and these vary substantially and are changing rapidly around the country.

Would you expect the president or someone at top level to know the laws in every state from memory?

As someone in the NE, our rules are not that complicated and people are ignoring them anyway.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Bozo the clown: the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I watched the clip and I'm not sure if he really got anything wrong or just evaded the question.

I don't buy the argument "how can local people know the rules if ministers don't?" Local people only need to know the rules where they live, and these vary substantially and are changing rapidly around the country.

Would you expect the president or someone at top level to know the laws in every state from memory?

As someone in the NE, our rules are not that complicated and people are ignoring them anyway.
          The UK is not the US. It is tiny by comparison.

He only needs to know the rules in England as Wales, Scotland and NI have devolved governments.

The point is he should have made the rules and law the same in all local lockdown regions in England so everyone understands what they are.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The point is he should have made the rules and law the same in all local lockdown regions in England so everyone understands what they are.
            used words of one syllable or less then? so the norverners can understand?

Comment

He only needs to know the rules in England as Wales, Scotland and NI have devolved governments.

Why should he have done that? I'd rather local restrictions fit local transmission data.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Further, it was going to be the big story of the day and it was odds on he was going to get questions on it, so he should have been prepared. The fact he wasn't prepared just shows how seriously he takes all this and how little he cares for these areas (those same areas that put him into No.10).

Those who voted for him get what they deserve
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Further, it was going to be the big story of the day and it was odds on he was going to get questions on it, so he should have been prepared. The fact he wasn't prepared just shows how seriously he takes all this and how little he cares for these areas (those same areas that put him into No.10).

Those who voted for him get what they deserve
                  Sorry but "can you meet a friend for a pint in a beer garden in Bishop Auckland" is not something he needs to be asked about.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Sorry but "can you meet a friend for a pint in a beer garden in Bishop Auckland" is not something he needs to be asked about

Why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X