• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OMFG Schools, Government and Covid track and trace.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMFG Schools, Government and Covid track and trace.

2 kids at same school.

The parents and kids at that school couldn’t care less about covid, they are over privileged twats with smug parents. They flout the rules on visiting each other houses constantly.

So, the school have bubbles of kids, so any close friends and classmates are in a bubble. Any kid gets covid symptoms they send all the bubble kids home. Positive case and its 14 days self isolation for the kids. Half the school is missing.

Now, my dentist for example. If any member of your household is self isolating they won’t let you attend. So, I’m now in a merry go round of constantly missing appointments because even though my daughter doesn’t have covid and I don’t have covid, the school insists on 14 days isolation even after a negative test, so no appointments.

Soon as the 14 days is over, then another kid is off sick, and the merry-go-round continues. It’s crazy.

Miss V3 is back to school today (thank goodness she was bored mindless) after 7 day quarantine because a kid in her year tested positive note she is in a bubble that is supposed to isolate her class but the whole year is sent home.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
      2 kids at same school.

The parents and kids at that school couldn’t care less about covid, they are over privileged twats with smug parents. They flout the rules on visiting each other houses constantly.

So, the school have bubbles of kids, so any close friends and classmates are in a bubble. Any kid gets covid symptoms they send all the bubble kids home. Positive case and its 14 days self isolation for the kids. Half the school is missing.

Now, my dentist for example. If any member of your household is self isolating they won’t let you attend. So, I’m now in a merry go round of constantly missing appointments because even though my daughter doesn’t have covid and I don’t have covid, the school insists on 14 days isolation even after a negative test, so no appointments.

Soon as the 14 days is over, then another kid is off sick, and the merry-go-round continues. It’s crazy.
      The school doesn't have the authority to force you (the parents) to self-isolate.

But we all know this post was just an excuse to whinge about the kids with better off parents than you.
      If people are breaking the law and it's affecting those around them, it's hardly being a nark to inform the authorities (whether that's the school or police).
      Last edited by d000hg; 30 September 2020, 09:07.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        The school doesn't have the authority to force you (the parents) to self-isolate.

But we all know this post was just an excuse to whinge about the kids with better off parents than you.
        If people are breaking the law and it's affecting those around them, it's hardly being a nark to inform the authorities (whether that's the school or police).
        Places like dentists can decide their own policies and anyone in your family home who is self-isolating means no appointment, and school policy means half the school is continually self isolating for no reason.

Agreed, bit of a whinge about kids/parents but not about wealth, its just their selfish actions are having a direct affect on all our lives via stupid school policies.

I’m not sure about you, but I take great offence when others infringe in on my rights.

I just want nothing to do with them.
        Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 30 September 2020, 13:34.

Comment

If they're breaking the law, do something about it. The school CAN exclude people who are not following the rules like you describe.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X