• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is my Inuit yellow post box?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Would help if they weren't such a tulip employer.

They get staff walking out due to racist bosses plus stuff like this -Asian postman gets GBP30k Royal Mail race discrimination payout | Daily Mail Online
    Funny thing is the people who tell me how tulip they are to work for are white.

You like othering people don't you.

Actually I thought it was a nice way to spread a message and a good way to show solidarity with an equality agenda, a cause I agree with. The reply from BLM was its not enough, most people would consider that rude and counterproductive.

On a separate issue "whataboutery" I think they call it, I agree that the Royal mail don't have a great record as an employer but many other organisations in the same area suffer similarly. In fact anyone in home delivery tend to treat their staff poorly. luckily there are laws for that!

othering - view or treat (a person or group of people) as intrinsically different from and alien to oneself.

"a critique of the ways in which the elderly are othered by society"
    - yep I had to look it up.

No I expect others to behave to the same standards I aspire to i.e. lawful behaviour, equality, truth and proof. BLM don't, evidence available if you haven't followed their lies, that is hardly my fault or a prejudice.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I wish I had enough hair :cry:

Can I put corn rows in my beard?
      That would piss the Vikings off!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        That would piss the Vikings off!

ssh it doesn't have to make sense we just shout loudest.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          ssh it doesn't have to make sense we just shout loudest.
          Ah, got it!

Free the Gay Whales!!!!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The black ones look pretty smart although they are supposed to be easy to spot functionally. I thought painting them gold to honour olympic champions was great.

Maybe we should paint them to reflect constituency MP, a nice array of reds and blues and a few yellow. Reflect our democratic harmony.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              The black ones look pretty smart although they are supposed to be easy to spot functionally. I thought painting them gold to honour olympic champions was great.

Maybe we should paint them to reflect constituency MP, a nice array of reds and blues and a few yellow. Reflect our democratic harmony.
              don't bring politics into it. The use of the postbox colour has been vey effective without politics.

Comment

But it would be lovely seeing all those smart blue post boxes in the North

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I'm sorry to be the one that breaks it to you, but there are infinite (or at least uncountable) colours in the rainbow. So I want indigo and violet separate.
                  Newton wanted there to be seven because it fit in with his esoteric theories. But there are 6 different colours, with about a million different shades detectable with the human eye.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Would help if they weren't such a tulip employer.

They get staff walking out due to racist bosses plus stuff like this -Asian postman gets GBP30k Royal Mail race discrimination payout | Daily Mail Online
                  Funny thing is the people who tell me how tulip they are to work for are white.
                  Or consider this egregious denial of justice:
                  Horizon (IT system) - Wikipedia
                  Bankruptcy, prosecution and disrupted livelihoods - Postmasters tell their story
                  https://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictur...n-the-post.pdf

They have their own justice system and courts. People went to prison because it was impossible (said Fujitsu and the Post Office) for the computer system to be wrong.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    But there are 6 different colours, with about a million different shades detectable with the human eye.
                    Who decides this? The colour police?

Comment

Why is pink in the list? Surely it's a shade of red or does it have its own place on the spectrum?

Comment

Working...
                      X