• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd Wave - where are all the deaths then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

covid is ripping through south asia and people are not bothered by it any more and normal business is resumed.
    recovery rate is 99% there. maybe its a different strain.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Not convinced its more than a blip not a 2nd wave to be honest....

In wales, there has been very little increase in deaths. Only about 15 all month....
      You're an ignorant twunt, so WGAS what you're convinced of.

Comment

My mate would like you to come meet him...

Lost both his mom and dad in the second wave and had to be restrained (under house arrest) from driving to London last weekend to explain this to the anti lockdown and conspiracy theorists while not getting out of his car...

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
          Lost both his mom and dad in the second wave and had to be restrained (under house arrest) from driving to London last weekend to explain this to the anti lockdown and conspiracy theorists while not getting out of his car...
          That's unfortunate, real people are definitely dying out there. I personally don't think it's enough for this type of reaction (who cares what I think) but I can definitely understand how someone who is personally impacted might think otherwise.

I wish we had the same sympathy for people whose relatives die from other more prevalent preventable causes like automobile accidents, heart disease, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
            That's unfortunate, real people are definitely dying out there. I personally don't think it's enough for this type of reaction (who cares what I think) but I can definitely understand how someone who is personally impacted might think otherwise.

I wish we had the same sympathy for people whose relatives die from other more prevalent preventable causes like automobile accidents, heart disease, etc.
            I'd like to think I wouldn't but then who knows. Could he have gone through with it... not sure but police treated it seriously enough at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              covid is ripping through south asia and people are not bothered by it any more and normal business is resumed.
              Link to the info please.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                I call bulltulip.....

2nd wave was what the media, government and public wanted. Its all a load of bollacks now.
                More people dying of other things caused by "covid paranoia" now.

Time to end lockdown....;
                1)Deaths lag infections by several weeks
                2)2nd wave is what we're trying to avoid with current measures

Saying we don't need lockdown because we aren't getting lots of deaths is like saying we shouldn't bother with anti-rabies border precautions because nobody gets rabies in the UK.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  1)Deaths lag infections by several weeks
                  2)2nd wave is what we're trying to avoid with current measures

Saying we don't need lockdown because we aren't getting lots of deaths is like saying we shouldn't bother with anti-rabies border precautions because nobody gets rabies in the UK.
                  Yes I do wonder how people live day to day with such limited grasp of even the most basic of concepts.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I'm not saying its not been a real tough time and so sad that many people have died....

I just think we as a country are neglecting everything else now. I don't know anyone whos died from Covid apart from fella in offices mother who was 85 and in advanced stage dementia anyway.
                    I did hear about someone I was in school with who lost his job recently, topped himself. And I know someone who recently died of cancer - no treatments available.

Of course, I'd be gutted if a family member had it. Everyones got a different perspective. You can imagine what the familes of the two mentioned above are.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      1% mortality is quite high for such a communicable disease.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X