• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd Wave - where are all the deaths then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not all about deaths either. It's the long term and possibly permanent health issues it leaves people with. In some cases they are life changing. That's reason enough to take it seriously.

I think PC has hit rock bottom but then surprises me with another load of tulip moronic post. But coming from the guy that decided a holiday in Spain was a good idea its hardly surprising.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

When we say PS in this thread we do mean PC don't we or have I missed something?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Your care homes must not take council-funded people as councils threaten care homes if they don't strictly follow government guidance.
        Evidence?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          I call bulltulip.....

2nd wave was what the media, government and public wanted. Its all a load of bollacks now.
          More people dying of other things caused by "covid paranoia" now.

Time to end lockdown....;
          Well, nice to know we're in safe hands.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
            Yeah I think they really mishandled this from a medical and health perspective more than economic.

Its quite crazy.. people literally dying from cancer and other serious medical conditions being told they can't have life saving surgery and treatments (this has mostly but not entirely resumed). Even still there is almost no nhs screening right now. Almost every nhs gp is doing 100% remote appointments. Thankfully you have the option of going private in this country but I feel really sorry for the poor people who can't afford it.
            I think they've mishandled it from both perspectives. You won't believe the number of businesses that have gone to the wall in my local town - pubs, shops, hairdressers, gyms you name it. It's so sad. And how many bankruptcies and house reposessions will ensue? How many people made severely mentally ill? How many suicides?

There are alternatives expounded by a number of highly regarded epidimiologists but the govt choose instead to listen to a narrow circle of prophets of doom who are now getting called out on a daily basis.

The alternative approach, for the record, suggested by the likes of Prof Gupta is for life to go back to normal for the rest of us while those most vulnerable are aggressively shielded. Doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Also, deaths ARE starting to pick up. 70 per day the last couple of days
              I saw a graphic on the BBC the other day that said 36 people had died in the past 24 hours (and in small print at the bottom - "who had tested postive for coronavirus in the previous 28 days")

These are highly selective statistics.

Comment

The moronic thing with the gov approach to this is to "just wait a bit more and maybe then introduce more measures". It's like there's no fecking learning curve, all epidemiologists were saying during the first wave that if you know you have 10k cases daily, you most likely have x10 that, you just haven't tested enough. Gov waited then to lock tulip down properly and they are doing the same thing now hoping that magically it will just fix itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Evidence?
                  There are stories like this Revealed: Local authority calls on care home providers to accept covid-positive hospital patients – Channel 4 News
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
                    I saw a graphic on the BBC the other day that said 36 people had died in the past 24 hours (and in small print at the bottom - "who had tested postive for coronavirus in the previous 28 days")

Well you can wait until the ONS reports excess deaths for the month...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post

It's the nature of statistics to be selective. Otherwise, they would say "1000 people have died recently from various causes"

Comment

Working...
                      X