• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd Wave - where are all the deaths then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It wasn't illegal or wrong, it was just really stupid.
    No it wasn't.

Again, how is going on holiday going to put yourself and others at risk any more than going about your day to day business over here?

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
      No it wasn't.

Again, how is going on holiday going to put yourself and others at risk any more than going about your day to day business over here?
      Risk is cumulative based on the amount of time you spend in contact with infected people, or people in general. What part of "minimise non-essential travel" is hard to follow?

And I didn't say necessarily it was stupid for Covid reasons. It was mainly stupid to go abroad then get upset when you had to quarantine on return. That was entirely predictable, very PS.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Risk is cumulative based on the amount of time you spend in contact with infected people, or people in general. What part of "minimise non-essential travel" is hard to follow?

And I didn't say necessarily it was stupid for Covid reasons. It was mainly stupid to go abroad then get upset when you had to quarantine on return. That was entirely predictable, very PS.
        Well, following that lohic we should be minimising contact with other people full stop which, as a sociable person, I find intolerable. Fine for a brief period to "flatten the curve", perhaps, but not for a protracted period with no end game in sight.

But, yes, I'm planning a week in Spain in November and I will quaratine on my return as I don't wish to break the law nor incur a £1k fine.

Comment

Well, following that lohic we should be minimising contact with other people full stop which, as a sociable person, I find intolerable. Fine for a brief period to "flatten the curve", perhaps, but not for a protracted period with no end game in sight.

But, yes, I'm planning a week in Spain in November and I will quaratine on my return as I don't wish to break the law nor incur a £1k fine.
          It is all about reducing physical contact. The public overall needs to reduce physical contact to suppress the spread of the virus. Unfortunately the responsible majority have to reduce their contacts even more to compensate for the minority of selfish and ignorant twunts who have decided that is is for a protracted period with no end game in sight, when the end game is vaccination.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            It is all about reducing physical contact. The public overall needs to reduce physical contact to suppress the spread of the virus. Unfortunately the responsible majority have to reduce their contacts even more to compensate for the minority of selfish and ignorant twunts who have decided that is is for a protracted period with no end game in sight, when the end game is vaccination.
            Which, last time I looked, wasn't exactly in sight so , yes, a protracted period.

Comment

Which, last time I looked, wasn't exactly in sight so , yes, a protracted period.
              Next year looks likely for vaccination. One tough winter to get through - probably. How tough it is depends on how people physically distance. I guess you're a dull Gricer-sockie so it doesn't matter in your case.

Comment

If you don't do it, the curve keeps plumping up again as we're seeing now.

Hardly see a small inconvenience to your plushy life as 'intolerable'. Inconvenient yes, but clearly tolerable as an affluent person in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Next year looks likely for vaccination. One tough winter to get through - probably. How tough it is depends on how people physically distance. I guess you're a dull Gricer-sockie so it doesn't matter in your case.
                  By next year the anti-vaxxers will have established a stronghold with the working classes.

Comment

If you don't do it, the curve keeps plumping up again as we're seeing now.

Hardly see a small inconvenience to your plushy life as 'intolerable'. Inconvenient yes, but clearly tolerable as an affluent person in the UK.
                    No, I think the whole thing has been damaging mentally to a lot of people. Old folks isolated from their grandchildren, students confined to their halls with the prospect of not being able to return to their homes at Christmas. It's a little bit more than inconvenient.

Comment

By next year the anti-vaxxers will have established a stronghold with the working classes.
                      I wonder how those of us who have had covid stand with regards to the vaccine. Presumably we have the antibodies so don't need one, unless the virus keeps mutating of course and that would render a vaccine pretty useless too. I've heard somewhere that you only have the antibodies for a limited period meaning that you would need a vaccine every month or two.

Comment

Working...
                      X