• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd Wave - where are all the deaths then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
    No, I think the whole thing has been damaging mentally to a lot of people. Old folks isolated from their grandchildren, students confined to their halls with the prospect of not being able to return to their homes at Christmas. It's a little bit more than inconvenient.
    Dying of Covid is more than inconvenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Dying of Covid is more than inconvenient.
      Dying "of" or dying "with"?

#Justasking
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

No, I think the whole thing has been damaging mentally to a lot of people. Old folks isolated from their grandchildren, students confined to their halls with the prospect of not being able to return to their homes at Christmas. It's a little bit more than inconvenient.
        Which one of those groups best reflects your personal position?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well, following that lohic we should be minimising contact with other people full stop
          as a sociable person, I find intolerable.
          Yeah, with you there 100%

Same with driving my car .... I get the logic of keeping below 30 in built up areas, specifically near schools, but I like to drive my car as fast as possible at all times so I find it intolerable that I should have to drive within speed limit rules just to save the lives of others.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So what are you ... and old person or a student in halls?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Yeah, with you there 100%

Same with driving my car .... I get the logic of keeping below 30 in built up areas, specifically near schools, but I like to drive my car as fast as possible at all times so I find it intolerable that I should have to drive within speed limit rules just to save the lives of others.

Hardly comparable scenarios.

Driving like a lunatic through a built up area is highly likely to injure or kill someone.

Going on holiday, meeting up with people in a pub, whatever, is highly unlikely to kill anyone, given the lethality of this virus. Particularly if the govt had followed the advice of Prof Gupta and put in place a framework to aggressively shield the vulnerable.

Comment

Hardly comparable scenarios.

Driving like a lunatic through a built up area is highly likely to injure or kill someone.

Going on holiday, meeting up with people in a pub, whatever, is highly unlikely to kill anyone, given the lethality of this virus. Particularly if the govt had followed the advice of Prof Gupta and put in place a framework to aggressively shield the vulnerable.
                No it isn't. Losing control and ploughing into a bus load of Nuns is.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Which one of those groups best reflects your personal position?
                  Neither.

My parents haven't seem my son since March. Partly because of restrictions, partly because they've been scared witless by the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    No it isn't. Losing control and ploughing into a bus load of Nuns is.
                    You'll probably do more damage while they're waitin at the bus stop :

Comment

Neither.

My parents haven't seem my son since March. Partly because of restrictions, partly because they've been scared witless by the media.
                      "Media" is a very lazy way of describing expert public health advice. I guess it makes you feel better to cast it that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X