• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd Wave - where are all the deaths then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    No it isn't. Losing control and ploughing into a bus load of Nuns is.

The voice of experience..
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      "Media" is a very lazy way of describing expert public health advice. I guess it makes you feel better to cast it that way.
      The media broadcast the views of a narrow group of the most pessimistic of"experts" while giving little or no air time to the views of other "experts" that expound a different approach.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        To be fair, he didn't lose control.

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
          The media broadcast the views of a narrow group of the most pessimistic of"experts" while giving little or no air time to the views of other "experts" that expound a different approach.

It's almost as if they broadcast the official public health advice. Public health doesn't work if everyone makes there own decisions as to what advice to follow Witness measles outbreaks after declines in MMR uptake. This is orders of magnitude more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Hey, I do these things so that you lesser mortals don't need to.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
              Hardly comparable scenarios.

Driving like a lunatic through a built up area is highly likely to injure or kill someone.
              Not true - I'm a great driver. I'm actually safer when I go faster ... it's those driving slow getting in my way, that cause most problems.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Not true - I'm a great driver. I'm actually safer when I go faster ... it's those driving slow getting in my way, that cause most problems.
                Don't forget the Nuns!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Don't forget the late Nuns!
                  FTFY

Comment

Don't forget the Nuns!
                    Nuns??? I thought they were penguins
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Nuns??? I thought they were penguins
                      Your problem is that you're conditioned to speed up for zebra crossings.

Comment

Working...
                      X