Track and trace app and iOS 14 install? Track and trace app and iOS 14 install? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 12 of 12

Super poster

TheCyclingProgrammer is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    So if I turned off Bluetooth (which I did, because it kills my battery) it's useless if I'm not in a premises with a QR code on display?
    As above it uses BT LE and it shouldn’t kill your battery. On mine it’s been using 1% every day and I’m on 84% battery health.

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    So if I turned off Bluetooth (which I did, because it kills my battery) it's useless if I'm not in a premises with a QR code on display?
    The QR code stuff is a supplementary feature; the primary purpose of the app is to use Bluetooth's low power mode to keep track of your device's proximity to other devices, on the assumption that this correlates closely with proximity to the devices' owners, and it can therefore be determined who has been in proximity to a person who tests positive.

I don't know if turning off Bluetooth also disables the low power mode, but if it does, then most of the potential benefit of the app is lost to you, and to those strangers who have been near you should you become infected.