• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Track and trace app and iOS 14 install?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    So if I turned off Bluetooth (which I did, because it kills my battery) it's useless if I'm not in a premises with a QR code on display?
    As above it uses BT LE and it shouldn’t kill your battery. On mine it’s been using 1% every day and I’m on 84% battery health.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      So if I turned off Bluetooth (which I did, because it kills my battery) it's useless if I'm not in a premises with a QR code on display?
      The QR code stuff is a supplementary feature; the primary purpose of the app is to use Bluetooth's low power mode to keep track of your device's proximity to other devices, on the assumption that this correlates closely with proximity to the devices' owners, and it can therefore be determined who has been in proximity to a person who tests positive.

I don't know if turning off Bluetooth also disables the low power mode, but if it does, then most of the potential benefit of the app is lost to you, and to those strangers who have been near you should you become infected.

Comment

Working...
      X