• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Air your room

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air your room

Germans embrace fresh air to ward off coronavirus | World news | The Guardian

Although it's probably a good idea, I used to hate it. I recall doing a project at a bank and we shared the office with a load of onsite IBM'ers, they used to come in after us, unpack their stuff, open the windows and then bugger off to breakfast regardless of what the weather was like. It's happened in nearly everywhere I've worked here and Frau D. does it too, every morning all the windows are opened to allow air to blow through...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I always have a window open. My bedroom window is open all year round unless it gets properly sub zero, in which case it's closed overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I always have a window open. My bedroom window is open all year round unless it gets properly sub zero, in which case it's closed overnight.
      Cash up front then they can escape if they like? Wise woman.

Comment

Without ventilating rooms you end up breathing mould spores and other unpleasant things. Mrs V opens the windows fully every morning to let my stale bottom burps escape the bedroom.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Cash up front then they can escape if they like? Wise woman.
          Prepayment is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Prepayment is the only way.

so NLyUK isn't the only one who likes it up front ?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              so NLyUK isn't the only one who likes it up front ?
              The old man insists on a fistful of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Although it's probably a good idea, I used to hate it. I recall doing a project at a bank and we shared the office with a load of onsite IBM'ers, they used to come in after us, unpack their stuff, open the windows and then bugger off to breakfast regardless of what the weather was like. It's happened in nearly everywhere I've worked here and Frau D. does it too, every morning all the windows are opened to allow air to blow through...
                Personal hygiene issues within the office...?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Why didn't you put your beach towels on their chairs before they arrived?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Personal hygiene issues within the office...?

Wel they are IBMers...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X