• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Air your room

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same - sleep with the bedroom window open year round. Feel all the better for it in the morning. Nothing to do with waking up a 08:30am.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I think a window slightly open all year around and frequent airing of the room is good common practice by civilised people.
      Also having a bright well lit room.

Except when you are in corporate hell and everything is closed for cost saving purposes, heat to minimum. And windows? They remind people that there could be a life outside work so to hell with those.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I always have a window open. My bedroom window is open all year round unless it gets properly sub zero, in which case it's closed overnight.
        Best not share that info given some of the wierdos on here
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

When I was in hospital last year (October), my room mate liked the window open. I didn't care - I just asked the nurse to bring me another blanket. It was very pleasant.

The nurses referred to us as the ice boys. Turned out, he'd been the anesthaetist for many of my urologists surgeries. Since he already knew most of the medical staff there, it ended up with me nearly being treated as human as well.

At home, we have the windows ajar. Locked though, so you wierdos can piss off.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Personal hygiene issues within the office...?

Fusty Barmy - hmm fits.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              When I was in hospital last year (October), my room mate liked the window open. I didn't care - I just asked the nurse to bring me another blanket. It was very pleasant.

The nurses referred to us as the ice boys. Turned out, he'd been the anesthaetist for many of my urologists surgeries. Since he already knew most of the medical staff there, it ended up with me nearly being treated as human as well.

At home, we have the windows ajar. Locked though, so you wierdos can piss off.
              In your case it would take a hell of a lot more of a serious nutcase than a mere weirdo...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
              X