• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who could possibly not want to work at HMRC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who could possibly not want to work at HMRC?

Granted perm role but jeez louise...

Glad I avoid ps roles.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search...votType=jymbii

"Oh yeah you'll be working in Bristol btw but spend a couple of months in Southend first, eh"

"we operate a Guild/Tribe structure to ensure that we provide skilled resources to enable us to meet the needs of our customers in an Agile way helping to drive high levels of collaboration and innovation"

...and on Tuesdays we have Dungeons and Dragons with Pizza night.

PS: Move to General please

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
      Granted perm role but jeez louise...

Glad I avoid ps roles.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search...votType=jymbii

"Oh yeah you'll be working in Bristol btw but spend a couple of months in Southend first, eh"
      Presumably expenses are paid. Seems fairly normal for permie work - and civil service.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        "we operate a Guild/Tribe structure to ensure that we provide skilled resources to enable us to meet the needs of our customers in an Agile way helping to drive high levels of collaboration and innovation"

...and on Tuesdays we have Dungeons and Dragons with Pizza night.

PS: Move to General please
        I've been approached for a role and the company mentioned the word "tribe" and "tribe lead" a few times. Never heard it before; I assume it's just some sort of wanky slang....or should I be worried? Is the use of these words a sign of a very high level of wankiness/nerdiness?

Pls halp

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          I've been approached for a role and the company mentioned the word "tribe" and "tribe lead" a few times. Never heard it before; I assume it's just some sort of wanky slang....or should I be worried? Is the use of these words a sign of a very high level of wankiness/nerdiness?

Pls halp
          as long as they do not mention tribal culture and human sacrifice it should be fine

Comment

Pls halp
            Steer well clear in my opinion.
            The role linked to in the OP should have alarm bells attached too
            If you want to work in an outfit where you might as well be forced to masturbate with your colleagues every morning around an oversized christmas tree while shouting "yes sir, no sir, would you like ketchup with that sir" then these could be just the jobs for you...
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Pls halp
              It's agile terminology innit. Along with squads, chapters, blah blah...

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                It's agile terminology innit. Along with squads, chapters, blah blah...
                Why cant people just write code which does the job instead of inventing mindless jargon and methodologies ?
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  Why cant people just write code which does the job instead of inventing mindless jargon and methodologies ?

Because they can't write code so this distracts everyone!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Completely agree. Sadly it's very much the British way these days - insert numerous layers of bs artists between the end user and the developer and make the lives of developers generally miserable.

Without exception, every ex-developer scrum master (or snake oil salesmen/women) I've encountered was typically someone who couldn't hack it in technical roles.

Comment

Working...
                    X