• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally a certain mod to be prosecuted for hate crimes :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It hates me! Hurray, the feeling is mutual.

Don't get too excited, I think you'll find it hates everyone.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Hmmm, reading the posts on here it's easy to see why some kind of education around cyclist hate crime is required.

If we were talking about other minority groups we'd all be up in arms, but in today's society it seems cyclists are still allowed to be demonised. Even if that demonisation can lead to dangerous behaviour that can, quite literally, result in the death or serious injury to another human being.

Interesting isn't it?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        And yet we say .... Cyclist rather than bike
        What about unicyclist, bicyclist or tricyclist? Surely they should use the correct terminology depending upon what type of cycle they ride...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Hmmm, reading the posts on here it's easy to see why some kind of education around cyclist hate crime is required.

If we were talking about other minority groups we'd all be up in arms, but in today's society it seems cyclists are still allowed to be demonised. Even if that demonisation can lead to dangerous behaviour that can, quite literally, result in the death or serious injury to another human being.

Interesting isn't it?
          We could start by teaching the difference between red and green...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Oddly I got a 'Loathed'
            #metoo
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Easy it's not amber!
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Seems common sense to me.

Looking forward to the law change that holds that the larger vehicle is deemed to be at fault for all accidents until/unless proven otherwise.

Pedestrian < Cyclist < Horse < Motorbike < Car < Van < Lorry

Why not investigate who is guilty?

Police dashcam database helped prosecute 1,223 drivers in first year | This is Money

Motorbike riders are nicknamed organ donors for a reason!

Can dash cam evidence be used against you in court? | Biker & Bike

Now that is something those on furlough can do.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  More car drivers than cyclists jump lights. But hey, who needs facts when bigotry against a minority group is involved?

For the record, I've never jumped lights on my bike. Those who do I agree are idiots and should have the same fine as car/van/lorry drivers. But, don't judge all cyclists the same ... that's where bigotry comes from mate.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Why not investigate who is guilty?

Police dashcam database helped prosecute 1,223 drivers in first year | This is Money

Motorbike riders are nicknamed organ donors for a reason!

Can dash cam evidence be used against you in court? | Biker & Bike

Now that is something those on furlough can do.
                    Agreed. But if everyone knew that the larger vehicle is treated as in the wrong automatically, until they can prove otherwise, we will start to protect those who are most vulnerable. This includes protecting pedestrians from some idiots on bikes as much as protecting everyone from lorry drivers.
                    Last edited by Whorty; 1 October 2020, 15:42.

Comment

Agreed. But if everyone knew that the larger vehicle is treated as in the wrong automatically, until they can prove otherwise, will start to protect those who are most vulnerable. This includes protecting pedestrians from some idiots on bikes as much as protecting everyone from lorry drivers.
                      That's bigotry against pedestrians like MF. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X