Finally a certain mod  to be prosecuted for hate crimes :) Finally a certain mod to be prosecuted for hate crimes :) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21

    Double Godlike!

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    10,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    It hates me! Hurray, the feeling is mutual.

    Don't get too excited, I think you'll find it hates everyone.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  2. #22

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Hmmm, reading the posts on here it's easy to see why some kind of education around cyclist hate crime is required.

    If we were talking about other minority groups we'd all be up in arms, but in today's society it seems cyclists are still allowed to be demonised. Even if that demonisation can lead to dangerous behaviour that can, quite literally, result in the death or serious injury to another human being.

    Interesting isn't it?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  3. #23

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    And yet we say .... Cyclist rather than bike
    What about unicyclist, bicyclist or tricyclist? Surely they should use the correct terminology depending upon what type of cycle they ride...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  4. #24

    Double Godlike!

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    10,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Hmmm, reading the posts on here it's easy to see why some kind of education around cyclist hate crime is required.

    If we were talking about other minority groups we'd all be up in arms, but in today's society it seems cyclists are still allowed to be demonised. Even if that demonisation can lead to dangerous behaviour that can, quite literally, result in the death or serious injury to another human being.

    Interesting isn't it?
    We could start by teaching the difference between red and green...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  5. #25

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NigelJK View Post
    Oddly I got a 'Loathed'
    #metoo
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  6. #26

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    30,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    We could start by teaching the difference between red and green...
    Easy it's not amber!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  7. #27

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    35,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Seems common sense to me.

    Looking forward to the law change that holds that the larger vehicle is deemed to be at fault for all accidents until/unless proven otherwise.

    Pedestrian < Cyclist < Horse < Motorbike < Car < Van < Lorry

    Why not investigate who is guilty?

    Police dashcam database helped prosecute 1,223 drivers in first year | This is Money

    Motorbike riders are nicknamed organ donors for a reason!

    Can dash cam evidence be used against you in court? | Biker & Bike

    Now that is something those on furlough can do.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  8. #28

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    We could start by teaching the difference between red and green...
    More car drivers than cyclists jump lights. But hey, who needs facts when bigotry against a minority group is involved?

    For the record, I've never jumped lights on my bike. Those who do I agree are idiots and should have the same fine as car/van/lorry drivers. But, don't judge all cyclists the same ... that's where bigotry comes from mate.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  9. #29

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Why not investigate who is guilty?

    Police dashcam database helped prosecute 1,223 drivers in first year | This is Money

    Motorbike riders are nicknamed organ donors for a reason!

    Can dash cam evidence be used against you in court? | Biker & Bike

    Now that is something those on furlough can do.
    Agreed. But if everyone knew that the larger vehicle is treated as in the wrong automatically, until they can prove otherwise, we will start to protect those who are most vulnerable. This includes protecting pedestrians from some idiots on bikes as much as protecting everyone from lorry drivers.
    Last edited by Whorty; 1st October 2020 at 15:42.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  10. #30

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Agreed. But if everyone knew that the larger vehicle is treated as in the wrong automatically, until they can prove otherwise, will start to protect those who are most vulnerable. This includes protecting pedestrians from some idiots on bikes as much as protecting everyone from lorry drivers.
    That's bigotry against pedestrians like MF. You can't have it both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •