• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally a certain mod to be prosecuted for hate crimes :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    That's bigotry against pedestrians like MF. You can't have it both ways.
    Not sure somebody that large can be considered a minority ..... he's most certainly a major group all on his own So I hear
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Agreed. But if everyone knew that the larger vehicle is treated as in the wrong automatically, until they can prove otherwise, we will start to protect those who are most vulnerable. This includes protecting pedestrians from some idiots on bikes as much as protecting everyone from lorry drivers.

Conversely that encourages an entitlement attitude from the lower orders.

The times I have had to slam the brakes on because some idiot walks out from behind a car/van, people strolling across dual carraigeways etc.

I feel like I am in the sixth sense, I am constantly looking for dead people when driving because I see so many that want to be.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Not sure somebody that large can be considered a minority ..... he's most certainly a major group all on his own So I hear
        I guess it depend if you're counting or weighing.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The times I have had to slam the brakes on because some idiot walks out from behind a car/van, people strolling across dual carraigeways etc.

I feel like I am in the sixth sense, I am constantly looking for dead people when driving because I see so many that want to be.

Comment

Hmmm, I doubt it. As a cyclist, if they changed the laws to this, I'm hardly likely to be looking to be smashed into by a car just so that I can feel entitled.

Also, my bike is worth more than most cars on the road so I'm very careful with it - this includes being vigilant when passing parked cars, not just for idiots walking between them to cross, but also for the notorious car door opener.

Comment

God you just reminded me of that craze a few years BC when teenagers would slowly very slowly very very slowly walk across the road with their group of mates in front of you in a car.

It only stopped when a couple of them on separate occasions did it in front of a large red bus, got hit and died as the bus couldn't come to a stop in time. This is why teens need to pay attention in science lessons.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Hmmm, I doubt it. As a cyclist, if they changed the laws to this, I'm hardly likely to be looking to be smashed into by a car just so that I can feel entitled.

Also, my bike is worth more than most cars on the road so I'm very careful with it - this includes being vigilant when passing parked cars, not just for idiots walking between them to cross, but also for the notorious car door opener.
                Well you may be special, it's the others - my experience:

OK I see a parked car opening their door on a car about once a quarter as a driver and slightly more as a cyclist.
                I see a motorcycle overtaking aggressively in a way they endanger themselves 2-3 times a month. (I used to ride a 50cc bike years ago).
                I see a cyclist shoot the lights or similar once a month.
                I see a car overtaking a cycle with insufficient space most weeks.
                I see a car overtaking a cycle then turning left in front of them most weeks.
                I see a bicycle at night without lights pretty much every trip at night.
                I see BMWs, Audis, Lorries and vans tailgating on the motorway most trips.
                I see about a dozen pedestrians a trip just walking into the road and expecting the cars to stop.

Now I'm a fairly cautious driver many of these are other people interacting.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

(I used to ride a 50cc bike years ago).

you'll find that's a moped, not a bike.
                  woos

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

you'll find that's a moped, not a bike.
                    woos
                    I see Vetty has started panic buying again!!

Comment

Bizarre moment a biker pushes his moped into a car before leaping onto the windscreen 'in a cash for crash attempt' - NZ Herald

Now that's why we need dashcams

Comment

Working...
                      X