• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Subway bread isn't bread, say the Irish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Only way to make sure that you are eating fresh and good quality ingredients is to cook at home.
    Subway or a fine dining restaurants , they all cut corners by using cheapest ingredients and the food is never fresh.
    Most larger QSR chains are transparent about what's in their food with many publishing their ingredients list. Sure almost all are tulip but you can at least look and see which ones are less tulip. They probably dont publish how fresh it is, but you can find discussions online from people who worked there commenting about it. Also you can tell from ingredients list how fresh something is generally. If its loaded with preservatives they probably did this because its not fresh. If it has no added preservatives then you can probably assume its much fresher since it wont last as long.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Bread contains starch which amylase decomposes into sugars.
      Yes, but that is a delay and the sugar is released slowly, it is not the same as eating pure sugar or glucose.

Glycemic Index Food List with Slow and Fast Carbs
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Yes.

I knew that.

Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
        X