• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Subway bread isn't bread, say the Irish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Obviously it's fashionable to utter disdain towards anything popular, but of the major fast-food outlets I've always thought Subway is about the only one with half-decent stuff... depending what you choose obviously. Perfectly reasonable sandwich.
    The bread of odd, fake and unpleasant. The fillings are usually stale, unpleasant and cheaply mass produced. If you find the food there half-decent I wonder what kind of food you eat day to day? British Rail sandwiches?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      The bread of odd, fake and unpleasant. The fillings are usually stale, unpleasant and cheaply mass produced. If you find the food there half-decent I wonder what kind of food you eat day to day? British Rail sandwiches?
      I expected this comment... I don't know why a certain type of person is so keen with telling other people what they don't like. I assume it's a classic inferiority complex that they have this desire to boast about their superior tastes. Why do you care what I eat?

You say "usually" which implies you visit this establishment quite often. Why? Can't you afford the food you enjoy?

I think a common palate is a blessing, personally. Far easier to be happy.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I expected this comment... I don't know why a certain type of person is so keen with telling other people what they don't like. I assume it's a classic inferiority complex that they have this desire to boast about their superior tastes. Why do you care what I eat?

You say "usually" which implies you visit this establishment quite often. Why? Can't you afford proper food?
        I have probably eaten their stuff maybe 10 times in my lifetime. Trying different things on the hope I made some bad decision on the bread type, fillings etc. Sadly everything there is the same, low quality, unpleasant tasting sugar sponge junk.

For someone to say it is good food is simply astonishing. Maybe it's because you live somewhere brutally poor without many fine dining experiences?
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          That's unfair. British Rail sandwiches were cult.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Obviously it's fashionable to utter disdain towards anything popular, but of the major fast-food outlets I've always thought Subway is about the only one with half-decent stuff... depending what you choose obviously. Perfectly reasonable sandwich.
            Depends what you mean by half-decent?

I have quite a strong hatred for subway because they are very disingenuous. Their slogan is "Eat Fresh" yet they are one of if not the most processed QSR brands in the world. Their "Chicken" has like 20+ ingredients in it. Their "Chicken" has been tested and only has about 40-50% chicken in it, it's loaded with soy and other additives. They don't have a single unprocessed meat offering. The vegetables are not fresh at all. The bread is centrally processed and ships to the store frozen (not sure if its prebaked) with a ton of additives as well. Subway is as American and unhealthy as food gets.

Maybe it tastes okay depending on your palate but I don't know how you can call them half-decent.

Comment

Just wait until the chicken is chlorine washed for that extra bleachy flavour.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Stopped eating Subway around 18m ago when it was making me feel quite bilious and cramps after eating one, so not surprised with this news.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Fine if you are not a diabetic. Not being told that bread contains sugar can really mess things up.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Bread contains starch which amylase decomposes into sugars.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Only way to make sure that you are eating fresh and good quality ingredients is to cook at home.
                      Subway or a fine dining restaurants , they all cut corners by using cheapest ingredients and the food is never fresh.

Comment

Working...
                      X