• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So how does this scam work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Just give them spooters address
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yeah its easy

Mr McSpooter
    3rd bin along by the runway terrace.
    Bath Road,
    Longford London
    UB7 0EQ
    You sure that's going to work, he lives in Germany I believe. Maybe vetran's address would be better:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Google "drop shipping", apparently you can get rich quick

Comment

Isn't it one of those money laundering scams that students are getting targeted for? Move some dirty money through a clean account and get a wedge..

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          Isn't it one of those money laundering scams that students are getting targeted for? Move some dirty money through a clean account and get a wedge..
          It could be an opener to this type of scam.

Contact a large number of people and offer to pay them to forward a letter.

Those that agree, pay them a small sum of money. This confirms they are willing to co-operate and have a UK bank account.

Then offer a new deal, receive a larger sum of money, and forward to overseas account whilst keeping say 5% for their time and effort.

So basically become an international money launderer.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Ah, much like the City of London, just on a smaller scale
            Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            It could be an opener to this type of scam.

Contact a large number of people and offer to pay them to forward a letter.

Those that agree, pay them a small sum of money. This confirms they are willing to co-operate and have a UK bank account.

Then offer a new deal, receive a larger sum of money, and forward to overseas account whilst keeping say 5% for their time and effort.

So basically become an international money launderer.
            Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Ah, much like the City of London, just on a smaller scale

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
              I was going to say the same thing. Can't these evil drug, arms and people traffickers use HSBC and Deutsche bank directly? So much quicker and easier.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Re-Shipping scam.

They buy stuff using stolen credit card details, have it shipped to your address, you send to them. They sell on at a premium as it's generally stuff thats not readily available in Russia or carries a huge markup.

Seller refunds the holder of the stolen credit card details. If it gets as far as police involvement they get your address and you get a visit from the Plod and a potential charge of handling stolen goods.

If you challenge them up front they will say they are doing it because the original sellers won't ship to Russia because fo the risk of fraudulent card transactions, which is often true.

EDIT: You will probably never get paid either after the first couple of packages to keep you sweet.
                Last edited by DaveB; 3 October 2020, 18:05.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Better to agree to forward the post but a fault keep it yourself and hand it in to plod

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                    Better to agree to forward the post but a fault keep it yourself and hand it in to plod
                    They are outside the UK so the plod can't do anything to them.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      You sure that's going to work, he lives in Germany I believe. Maybe vetran's address would be better:

I know you were imagining that was me among the many you pleasured Friday night, but no I don't live there.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X