• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At what age ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You must be related to kids if you don't have them, or at least people who were kids when you were an adult.

In regards to the very old people near 100 - they do get to the point where they tell you exactly how old they are again.
    We try to avoid kids as much as possible. My mates know that I have no interest in kids, their schools, blah blah blah, so these conversations don't happen around me.

Years ago a mate's wife asked me if I wanted to change their new kids nappy (FFS!!) .... I asked her if she wanted to empty my cat's litter tray. Not surprisingly the answer to both questions was no Mrs W was a bit more forthright than me!
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I reckon it stops by 14 as Adrian Mole did 13 3/4 IIRC.

I think the over 90 aspect is more tongue in cheek by the odd twinkly eyed gent or lady looking for a bit of a flirt, rather than a real thing.

Comment

When the half accounts for less than 7% of your life.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          When the half accounts for less than 7% of your life.
          That answer needs a graph
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

and again, and again, and again...
            Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You must be related to kids if you don't have them, or at least people who were kids when you were an adult.

In regards to the very old people near 100 - they do get to the point where they tell you exactly how old they are again.
            Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Oooh, never thought about if it kicks back in again. Mrs W isn't convinced with this, but then we don't know anyone over 90 so we can't speak from a point of knowledge.

Mrs W also thought <10 (I had no feckin idea, I mean, kids!!)
              <10 is right. YG2 has just had her 9 1/2 birthday party as we couldn't have a party in March. But we timed in badly so by the time we got round to it she could only have visitors from one household so her best mate came round with her sister who is friend with YG1. I0 1/2 sounds weird.

I did have a 33 1/3 birthday party, but mainly because I was sick of January birthdays.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                and again, and again, and again...

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                It's probably more because they've forgotten

Comment

Relative age is a nice way of looking at it. A one year old will age 100% in the next year. I will only age by less than 1.4%.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Hey, stop that. I was never charged and my Transporter has windows (although they are tinted very dark )
                    They're not called an "RV" for nothing... #Justsaying!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

2 significant figures.

When very small we talk about them being "10 weeks". Then "14 months". Etc.

Breaks down for centenarians but who cares once you're over 100
                      Last edited by d000hg; 2 October 2020, 09:06.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X