• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

complaining to Sky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I might even just write it off when all is said and done. I think the Sky subscription model is doomed, I might just invest in a long slow pain free wait for satisfaction. Just got an email with a Reference No and think I'm supposed to get a call from someone higher up, I'll wait a few days to let that not happen before my next move.
    Please don't.

You are well off enough to complain. When they eventually catch the thief after he's done a 100 or so people they need the respectable members of the public to get him to admit he was a crook.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I might even just write it off when all is said and done. I think the Sky subscription model is doomed, I might just invest in a long slow pain free wait for satisfaction. Just got an email with a Reference No and think I'm supposed to get a call from someone higher up, I'll wait a few days to let that not happen before my next move.

My mate once picketed a jewellers shop after a disagreement about a ring, he stopped anyone getting in the shop, they called the police and got him removed
      I once got a refund on a faulty Walkman in a Tottenham Court Road electronics shop pretty quickly by sharing my experience with browsing customers.

Comment

Go on the warpath with Sky. File a police complaint, get on the phone to the CEO of Sky, then phone DailyMail, worth trying to get on BBC breakfast as well, start a petition to stop Sky men from nicking ROKU boxes, install CCTV cameras in all your rooms.
        You think he has taken some boxes, but have you checked? He might have made off with all of your wife's knickers
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

sky has a bad habit of jacking up your bill during the contract by small amounts, which they hope you wouldn't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            sky has a bad habit of jacking up your bill during the contract by small amounts, which they hope you wouldn't notice.
            So thieves all round....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Has anybody had a run in with Sky ? I reluctantly got Sky reinstalled recently as I was missing Sport too much. Resisted going with a dodgy box. The installer came and all good until we realised he had taken the two Roku boxes that were attached to the TVs previously. They are not worth anything to him so an honest mistake assumed. Rang Sky and battled through a long wait, I was told they can't give me the installers mobile and they'd forward to the installation team etc. Heard sod all, so I just had a one hour plus call, on and off call waiting, felt sorry for the girl from Sky as her bosses have relayed that they won't do anything unless I have a Crime Report Number. They claim they don't know who the Installer is on their system !? Seems utter madness to report it to the police. The boxes are only worth £80. Rant over !!! Anybody got a magic number or email to get some sense out of them !?
              one trick I've used in the past, and it works an absolute treat, is to get the email address of someone high in the Org and send them a personal email. I did this with BT when having issues with them and my problem was sorted straight away. Wife has done the same with Sainsbury's

Could be CEO, Head of Ops etc .... definitely worth a try if you know (can guess) their email address.
              Last edited by Whorty; 2 October 2020, 12:24.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                And email:

Sky TV
                Mr Jeremy Darroch Chief Executive
                Email [email protected]
                LOL - seems Greg beat me to it

100% recommend this - you'd be surprised how much these top dogs hate to be contacted by the plebs and what they will do to get rid of you
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  So thieves all round....
                  I celebrated when I binned them at the start of lockdown. But if you want to watch certain sport legally you have to deal with the devil. All sorts of tricks to extract a few more quid. I thought I'd got an all dancing package for rock bottom price this time, but then discovered they left out one bit of HD that then messes other stuff up, £6 extra if you want to sort it properly. As a rule any haggling on prices outfit are shysters. Bit like dealing with agents but they use min wage minions to do the dirty work.
                  Last edited by rootsnall; 2 October 2020, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    LOL - seems Greg beat me to it

100% recommend this - you'd be surprised how much these top dogs hate to be contacted by the plebs and what they will do to get rid of you
                    I got my summer holiday car rental (cancelled due to Covid) refund back in days after doing this.

And it felt like a real long-shot emailing the Sky CEO

Comment

It's clearly a lie they don't know who the installer is... they have to know for Covid reasons apart from anything else.

It's a shame he didn't ring you en route to say he was nearly there, then you'd have his number.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X