• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

complaining to Sky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

complaining to Sky

Has anybody had a run in with Sky ? I reluctantly got Sky reinstalled recently as I was missing Sport too much. Resisted going with a dodgy box. The installer came and all good until we realised he had taken the two Roku boxes that were attached to the TVs previously. They are not worth anything to him so an honest mistake assumed. Rang Sky and battled through a long wait, I was told they can't give me the installers mobile and they'd forward to the installation team etc. Heard sod all, so I just had a one hour plus call, on and off call waiting, felt sorry for the girl from Sky as her bosses have relayed that they won't do anything unless I have a Crime Report Number. They claim they don't know who the Installer is on their system !? Seems utter madness to report it to the police. The boxes are only worth £80. Rant over !!! Anybody got a magic number or email to get some sense out of them !?

Report the theft to the police asap and get the crime reference number.

Then write to Sky using register mail or via email to a director or CEO. Use Google to find the relevant details.

Call centres are a waste of time with such complaints as they are often outsourced and can't escalate.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And no it isn't over the top to report it to the police as the installer may have a habit of doing this. If there are enough complaints (which will be a high number) about his actions and some of those citizens are deemed reliable then action can be taken.

Comment

As above, report to the police to get the crime reference number to give to Sky. Don't worry about anything on the police side after that - it'll be filed away and automatically closed a few months later.

Comment

And email:

Sky TV
          Mr Jeremy Darroch Chief Executive
          Email [email protected]

Comment

Run a Twitter campaign
            Picket outside their headquarters
            Call the media
            Write to your MP
            Pay for a 30 second advert on Sky One to voice your complaint

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              And email:

Sky TV
              Mr Jeremy Darroch Chief Executive
              Email [email protected]

I thought we were not suppose to spoon feed posters?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Unless it's a chutney spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  Run a Twitter campaign
                  Picket outside their headquarters
                  Call the media
                  Write to your MP
                  Pay for a 30 second advert on Sky One to voice your complaint
                  I might even just write it off when all is said and done. I think the Sky subscription model is doomed, I might just invest in a long slow pain free wait for satisfaction. Just got an email with a Reference No and think I'm supposed to get a call from someone higher up, I'll wait a few days to let that not happen before my next move.

My mate once picketed a jewellers shop after a disagreement about a ring, he stopped anyone getting in the shop, they called the police and got him removed

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I googled, all sorts of tulip comes up.

Comment

Working...
                    X