• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best sites for downloading bootleg or old films and ebooks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlimited Usenet $18 (GBP14 a year) NewsGroupDirect - hotukdeals

Fake news?

Not used usenet for years so no idea if still worthwhile but always preferred it over torrents as there was less blowback from ISPs (strongly worded letters ) and the rest.

These days I am legit , and look for used DVDs/Blu-ray on MusicMagpie and Amazon Marketplace if it's a title I want to keep with a high rewatch factor. Proper ownership, not that 'stream until we don't let you' crap where you need to subscribe to dozens of services to get all the content already on DVD and Blu-ray.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Interesting thread ... was only saying to Mrs W the other day that 10 years ago you had to go bit-torrent to watch US shows/old shows but now pretty much everything is available somewhere so the torrent sites must have shut. Well, what do I know ... seems they are still around!

My 'mate' used to download NBA and NFL games but 'he' doesn't need to these days as most games are on Sky sports
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I don't Torrent any more as most of what I want to watch is on Netflix & Prime but if you do, make sure you use a VPN...
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Alternatively there's "Talking Pictures" on Freeview/Freesat and, when it's not fecking Xmas, there's Sony Classics on Freeview/Freesat, with a cornucopia of ancient & not so ancient epics.

For instance "The Mummy (1932)" with that Boris Karloff chap was on the other night.
          Oh yes! I'm a huge fan of William Henry Pratt, AKA Boris Karloff.

In fact, one of my favourite films is The Old Dark House directed by James Whale. Probably the first of its kind - a dark stormy night and a band of bright young things seek refuge in a spooky old mansion with a madman in the attic when their car gets struck by a landslide. A deaf, mute butler prone to drunken, violent rampages is played by Karloff brilliantly and he's the one you're watching even though he's sharing the screen with the great Charles Laughton.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
            Don't be too smug. You realise that BitTorrent works by uploading and downloading at the same time? You don't have to seed to upload.
            Yes. I'm aware of that. There are ways around it. *smug* *smug* <- that's 2 smug.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Anyone remember the BBC2 Saturday night double horror?

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
                No. FOG.

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
                  Yes, I seem to remember pedaling like crazy along the path that went through the woods past the old derelict mill after having watched those horrors at a friend's house.

I always imagined the Prince of Darkness himself would have chosen that as a place to stash his coffin. Add to the mix a full moon, some bats and a couple of owls twit-twooing and I think you get the picture.

Comment

There are so many using the Dave model now you can watch just about any old stuff you want. Try the freeview guide search: Casablanca

Comment

why download when you can watch streaming movies on putlocker and others

Comment

Working...
                      X