• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Matt Hancock's Love of Grime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Hancock's Love of Grime

Matt Hancock loving grime music is too much for fans to deal with | Metro News

Matt Hancock’s 2017 column about loving grime music has resurfaced once more and fans are losing their minds over this (not so) brand new information. The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, 42, wrote about his love for the genre in The Times, and the piece has once again gone viral (no pandemic puns intended). In it, he wrote: ‘As a grime fan, I know the power of the UK’s urban music scene. I have the great honour of championing British music around the world.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 5 October 2020, 23:02.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Apparently he really does - Matt Hancock defends grime music scene – Channel 4 News

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Maybe he should have stuck to culture and swerved being Health & Social Care Minister?

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        Maybe he should have stuck to culture and swerved being Health & Social Care Minister?
        Problem is this government has rolled out the culture minister for loads of briefings so Door Matt still couldn't have hid.

Comment

Speaking as someone who's daughter is a DJ who plays House music (Tech House and Deep House - She has just finished her first very very short season in Ibiza!) so, having some expertise in this field I can categorically state that ALL modern music is rubbish.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Speaking as someone who's daughter is a DJ who plays House music (Tech House and Deep House - She has just finished her first very very short season in Ibiza!) so, having some expertise in this field I can categorically state that ALL modern music is rubbish.
            Yes, I can't get over how anodyne it all is. I have to suffer it in the gym when I've forgotten to bring my own headphones.

Is it just me or do I imagine that sort of warbling effect that present day singers seem to do these days? It's almost like they're singing through Peter Frampton's box of tricks.

Comment

I know the power of the UK’s urban music scene. I have the great honour of championing British music around the world.
              He calls it music I call it tulipnoise

Comment

Doesn't one have to load up on rather a lot of chemical refreshments to enjoy that din?

Don't think that's very appropriate for a minister of the crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  Move out of the way grandad!

Every generation bemoans the state of music and how it was best in their day. Music is in a constant state of renewal and there has been good, bad and terrible music in every era.

In 2040 we'll have middle aged people saying how terrible music is and how they miss the good old days of grime, K-pop etc from the 20s...

Comment

I never heard anyone warbling in grime music. Maybe some new sub-genre.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X