• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Second bench time this year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second bench time this year

So just received a great offer to work on a tulip system and was put forward at x,
    after a week of interviewing they graciously came to me with an offer £x-50 which would make it the lowest rate I had since 2015 and very low in general by any measure especially for London, being quite low in North West even.
    Am I being entitled twat refusing to work at 70k a year ?
    Beeeeeench time coming!
    Last edited by GitMaster69; 6 October 2020, 11:34.

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
    So just received a great offer to work on a tulip system and was put forward at x,
    after a week of interviewing they graciously came to me with an offer £x-50 which would make it the lowest rate I had since 2015 and very low in general by any measure especially for London, being quite low in North West even.
    Beeeeeench time coming!
    So because they offered you X - 50 you have pulled out? Sounds silly - Look at the business threads and people are talking about 40K perm being the new normal from 600 per day...

Comment

You may be wise to ask the Agency to trim their cut. X-£25 is not so bad.

Also currently few clients are hiring, take the cut for a bit then wait for post Brexit & covid confusion to fill the war chest.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        You may be wise to ask the Agency to trim their cut. X-£25 is not so bad.

Also currently few clients are hiring, take the cut for a bit then wait for post Brexit & covid confusion to fill the war chest.
        problem is I didn't like it on the interview, so I'm dodging the bullet here unless they pay properly. tulip job. My warchest is strong with multiple income streams. My CV is strong, if anything I paid for premium linkedin features, applied for few jobs. Tells you the stats and I'm the 10% best candidate skillwise for all of them , despite 20-30 people applying.

Frustrating times!
        Last edited by GitMaster69; 6 October 2020, 11:50.

Comment

problem is I didn't like it on the interview, so I'm dodging the bullet here unless they pay properly. tulip job. My warchest is strong with multiple income streams. My CV is strong, if anything I paid for premium linkedin features, applied for few jobs. Tells you the stats and I'm the 10% best candidate skillwise for all of them , despite 20-30 people applying.

Frustrating times!
          If that is the case then nothing wrong with turning down crap work.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            If that is the case then nothing wrong with turning down crap work.
            even right before brexit?

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
              So because they offered you X - 50 you have pulled out? Sounds silly - Look at the business threads and people are talking about 40K perm being the new normal from 600 per day...
              Beer mat maths, you say £70k a year so on 200 days your offer was £350 a day vs expectations of £400 a day...

What you earning on the bench?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Beer mat maths, you say £70k a year so on 200 days your offer was £350 a day vs expectations of £400 a day...

230days. Count again.

Earnings on bench? Circa 5k a month , including my girlfriends sal. I don't care. Just can't.buy.more.houses whilst out of work.
                Last edited by GitMaster69; 6 October 2020, 12:23.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

+1 - I really don't get why people would turn down even the worst contract in this market, chances are you will be sat at home so unless you have an absolutely awesome plan b take the money.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Am I being entitled twat refusing to work at 70k a year ?
                    Beeeeeench time coming!
                    Take it on a one-month rolling, if anything better comes up then jump ship.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X