• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Second bench time this year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Take it on a one-month rolling, if anything better comes up then jump ship.
    Providing they are still waiting, got an interview at 450pd today in LIVERPOOL. Yes at 50% more in north west. Screw London lol

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
      230days. Count again.

Earnings on bench? Circa 5k a month , including my girlfriends sal. I don't care. Just can't.buy.more.houses whilst out of work.
      Take it hold the hose buying towards the end as we are heading imminently for a mahoosive house price dip bearing in mind the current "dead cat bounce" on "desirable" provincial property. This could put a lot of seriously rental market desirable property at your feet.
      Depending on what you want do with your future - stay in contracting (I dont know about your skillset) or leave eventually this and the current world situation could actually help you.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

even right before brexit?
        If anything Brexit will generate IT work in the short term.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
          Take it hold the hose buying towards the end as we are heading imminently for a mahoosive house price dip bearing in mind the current "dead cat bounce" on "desirable" provincial property. This could put a lot of seriously rental market desirable property at your feet.
          Depending on what you want do with your future - stay in contracting (I dont know about your skillset) or leave eventually this and the current world situation could actually help you.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

My CV is strong, if anything I paid for premium linkedin features, applied for few jobs. Tells you the stats and I'm the 10% best candidate skillwise for all of them , despite 20-30 people applying.
            I hope you realise that is largely a self-selected measurement based on the skills you've told LinkedIn you have (perhaps weighted by endorsements) and the skills the role is after.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              I hope you realise that is largely a self-selected measurement based on the skills you've told LinkedIn you have (perhaps weighted by endorsements) and the skills the role is after.
              I don't care. If they backtrack from the low offer I might say sorry my rate has just risen, that's how badly I want this role. Which would still be way below market rate - whatever that is today.
              Last edited by GitMaster69; 6 October 2020, 12:49.

Comment

So just received a great offer to work on a tulip system and was put forward at x,
                after a week of interviewing they graciously came to me with an offer £x-50 which would make it the lowest rate I had since 2015 and very low in general by any measure especially for London, being quite low in North West even.
                Am I being entitled twat refusing to work at 70k a year ?
                Beeeeeench time coming!
                Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

x-50 > 50-50

HTHBIDI
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    x-50 > 50-50

HTHBIDI
                    if x=50 he is better off on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      if x=50 he is better off on the bench
                      If x=50 I'd question if he works in 3rd line support in South Wales. Don't worry about that!
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X