• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ah, *that* Dido Harding...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, *that* Dido Harding...

Thought her name was ringing distant SQL injection bells. You know the one at TalkTalk, when they got hacked?

In October 2015, TalkTalk experienced a 'significant and sustained cyber-attack', during which personal and banking details of up to four million customers were thought to have been accessed. City A.M. described her responses as 'naive', noting that early on when asked if the affected customer data was encrypted or not, she replied: 'The awful truth is that I don't know'.

Her 'inflexible line' on termination fees was also criticised. Marketing ran a headline, 'TalkTalk boss Dido Harding's utter ignorance is a lesson to us all'. The Evening Standard noted that 'It has been a tough week for TalkTalk boss Dido Harding, facing complaints from customers and calls for her head'. The company admitted the incident had cost it £60 million and lost it 95,000 customers. In February 2017, she announced she would stand down after seven years as CEO of TalkTalk in May 2017, to focus more on her public service activities.

It is all TalkTalk's fault!

TalkTalk Wonders How They Got Hacked? CEO sitting in front of a Windows ME computer & VCR player : hacking

And a Baroness too? You couldn't make it up.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Scary. Truly a world of who you know.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Her track record prior to that is not exactly great:

1995 - Marketing Director at Thomas Cook stating "I am not ashamed to say I do not know the travel industry as well as my colleagues..." Was epected to be there for between 5-10 years but left after 4 to become

1999 - Senior vice-president strategic marketing Europe at Manpower. Lasted nearly 1 year

1999 - Commercial director of Woolworths for nearly a year

2000 - Commercial director for value added foods at Tesco

2004 - Still at Tesco but now International Support Director looking at least a 5 year stint but...

2007 - Off to Sainsbury's as head of convenience stores until

2009 - Joined Talk Talk where they started with a 3m fine for inaccurate bills followed by 2.5m in refunds

2014 - Cameron, an old university friend, makes her a Tory peer

2015 - The screw-up at Talk Talk which we all know about

2017 - Becomes chair of NHS Improvements but states "I have not worked in health and social care and would be the first to admit I have a lot to learn about the sector."

2020 - A calamitous spell as Track and trace supremo is followed up as the chair of the new NIHP with Hancock stating "she has excellent experience."

I think there are contractors who have had less projects than that in the time period....
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Scary. Truly a world of who you know.
        I've just got off the phone with pater demanding to know why he wasn't a baron or some nobility and I am regretting not marrying a Tory MP.

Choices we make hey?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Nothing new going on here.

See also Bozo's half-brother Max, given a senior position at a company hoping he can open doors re covid testing and all the money that will rake in, even if the tests are crap, like all that PPE Twat Hancock sorted out that wasn't fit for purpose (masks secured around the ears instead of the skull, because ears aren't flexible ).
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Nothing new going on here.

See also Bozo's half-brother Max, given a senior position at a company hoping he can open doors re covid testing and all the money that will rake in, even if the tests are crap, like all that PPE Door Matt sorted out that wasn't fit for purpose (masks secured around the ears instead of the skull, because ears aren't flexible ).
            FTFY
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              Thought her name was ringing distant SQL injection bells. You know the one at TalkTalk, when they got hacked?

In October 2015, TalkTalk experienced a 'significant and sustained cyber-attack', during which personal and banking details of up to four million customers were thought to have been accessed. City A.M. described her responses as 'naive', noting that early on when asked if the affected customer data was encrypted or not, she replied: 'The awful truth is that I don't know'.

Her 'inflexible line' on termination fees was also criticised. Marketing ran a headline, 'TalkTalk boss Dido Harding's utter ignorance is a lesson to us all'. The Evening Standard noted that 'It has been a tough week for TalkTalk boss Dido Harding, facing complaints from customers and calls for her head'. The company admitted the incident had cost it £60 million and lost it 95,000 customers. In February 2017, she announced she would stand down after seven years as CEO of TalkTalk in May 2017, to focus more on her public service activities.

It is all TalkTalk's fault!

TalkTalk Wonders How They Got Hacked? CEO sitting in front of a Windows ME computer & VCR player : hacking

And a Baroness too? You couldn't make it up.

qh
              "Technically" not her fault, as all of of us real techies know all too well (if someone is to blame, it will be someone so far removed from the actual coalface that she will have never even heard of them). If I had a client history like that, I think I'd struggle to work again outside the fast-food delivery industry, and I've forgotten how to ride a bike...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Test and Trace chief Dido Harding breaks promise to stay neutral and backs Tory immigration plan - Mirror Online
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  "Technically" not her fault, as all of of us real techies know all too well (if someone is to blame, it will be someone so far removed from the actual coalface that she will have never even heard of them). If I had a client history like that, I think I'd struggle to work again outside the fast-food delivery industry, and I've forgotten how to ride a bike...
                  But I thought riding a bike was, like, well... riding a bike?

Comment

I think he means the cutting edge delivery moped

Comment

Working...
                    X