• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Rules in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Patients die at Edinburgh’s Western General Hospital as Covid outbreak hits cancer ward - Daily Record

Several Scots cancer patients have died following an outbreak of COVID-19 in a Scots hospital.

Six patients within an oncology ward in Edinburgh’s Western General Hospital have been confirmed with the virus and a “very small number” of other patients have died.
    My dad had cancer and we lost him two years ago. When he died he had also caught pnemonia and ultimately the reason he died is because his heart stopped. Probably wouldn't have happened had he not been so ill with cancer.

So try changing that headline to say six cancer patients caught pnemonia and died. Not quite as 'shocking' and unlikely to put the fear of God into people.

There's some olympic level gaslighting going on & most people don't realise what's happening until it's too late. I guarantee it'll all come out at some point.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
      My dad had cancer and we lost him two years ago. When he died he had also caught pnemonia and ultimately the reason he died is because his heart stopped. Probably wouldn't have happened had he not been so ill with cancer.

So try changing that headline to say six cancer patients caught pnemonia and died. Not quite as 'shocking' and unlikely to put the fear of God into people.

There's some olympic level gaslighting going on & most people don't realise what's happening until it's too late. I guarantee it'll all come out at some point.
      How many people on his ward also caught it?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How many people ultimately die from Pneumonia in the UK?

The answer may surprise you - Pneumonia statistics | British Lung Foundation
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I don't know. I was too devastated by the loss of my dad to think to ask. What I do know is that pnemonia usually develops from a chest infection, which usually develops from exposure to the cold or flu virus.
          Sadly it's very common for that to happen to people when they're very ill.
          There's something like 2.5k deaths in Scotland with a positive covid test so far. Do you think that's a lot? From a population of about 5m? In six months?
          It's now at the point where a lot of people will probably do anything to 'make this go away'. Which was obviously the objective from the start.
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
            I don't know. I was too devastated by the loss of my dad to think to ask. What I do know is that pnemonia usually develops from a chest infection, which usually develops from exposure to the cold or flu virus.
            Sadly it's very common for that to happen to people when they're very ill.
            There's something like 2.5k deaths in Scotland with a positive covid test so far. Do you think that's a lot? From a population of about 5m? In six months?
            It's now at the point where a lot of people will probably do anything to 'make this go away'. Which was obviously the objective from the start.
            Sounds like there have some largely effective public health measures to keep the number of deaths down.

Comment

Amazing, if people had died from a different condition then we might have a different reaction. Try replacing it with "6 people in cancer ward killed by crazed gunman" and I suppose it would get more headlines again.

Sheesh.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X