• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Rules in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    * But only for the scotch° so who cares.

° Just trolling...
    so it only affects whisky and eggs then? - not people, nattt?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I'm supposed to be going to Berlin in December

Well, I can still go for the currywurst and beer. I don't like Christmas anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
        How many die in a bad flu year? We do nothing preventative at all except offer free jabs to the elderly.
        After making one daft statement it is de riguer to carry it on with the same so had to expect this I guess.

FOG
        Last edited by northernladuk; 8 October 2020, 16:18.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Sounds interesting (and scary) - got a link or was this a paper copy?

There has been relatively little discussion around "Long Covid" (as these symptoms have been referred) over the past 6 months, even though early reports were that people were being left with longer term issues, but I've seen a few more mainstream media mentions of it recently.
          Whole heap of articles on the BMJ website, most free to access

Coronavirus (covid-19): Latest news and resources | The BMJ

Comment

Mmm...Berlin nightlife given first curfew in 70 years as Covid cases surge | World news | The Guardian
            Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Well, I can still go for the currywurst and beer. I don't like Christmas anyway.
            Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Looks like the wurst is yet to come....
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post

Incredibly it seems diabetes is being brought on by having covid19 in individuals who were not in the at-risk group for diabetes.

'Long Covid': Why are some people not recovering? - BBC News

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2018688

303 See Other
                  If it's Type 1 diabetes it's not that incredible as it's an autoimmune condition where the immune system attacks the pancreas. As I understand it many deaths from Covid are as a result of the immune system attacking its own body so survivors developing Type 1 diabetes wouldn't be too surprising. Type 1s aren't your usual fatties associated with T2.

Comment

Coming to a Northern place near you in England too - Boris Johnson set to shut pubs and restaurants in northern England in new local lockdown - Daily Record
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So they are not exactly sure this is how it is being spread, but they know that 25% of people that have been tested positive have had some 'exposure' with a pub, café or restaurant, in some unknown time prior to the test. But they obviously don't know that number for the negatives, which is probably not that different.

It's one thing saving a file incorrectly, it's another having your whole strategy built on wild guesses.

Comment

Working...
                      X