• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long Covid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Covid

Too many stories cropping up on media of folks that can't walk their own length without feeling shortness of breath months after recovering from Covid-19.

Find the idea of being put out of action for several months more alarming than a couple of weeks with man-flu.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 7 October 2020, 20:59.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Too many stories cropping up on media of folks that can't walk their own length with feeling shortness of breath months after recovering from Covid-19.

Find the idea of being put out of action for several months more alarming than a couple of weeks with man-flu.
    Knowing our luck, your ability to post on CUK would be unaffected.

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Long Covid is Rarer than you think
        Only a "tiny minority" of people who get Covid-19 are still ill six months later, a leading expert at the University of Oxford has said

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post

It also seems those with long covid are usually more active.

Exercise is good for me they said

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Too many stories cropping up on media of folks that can't walk their own length without feeling shortness of breath months after recovering from Covid-19.

I had similar after my heart trouble back in 2018. Took a long time recover and the breathing issue still comes back from from time to time.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Read they think it may be due to damage to tiny blood vessels so the body isn't getting the oxygen and nutrients it requires for normal state. Though lots more research needed to be sure, so those more susceptible can be warned or treated better before the damage occurs.

Not sure I've heard of anyone famous having long covid, or being at death's door or actually dying. Most one would think are vulnerable, from Bozo, Trump and other prominant government figures to Prince Charles, all manner of celebrity saying they've had it, have brushed it off pretty easily and quickly.

Then they expect the population to put up with the broad stroke approach of lockdowns and restrictions causing all manner of chaos and storing up bigger problems for the future both economically and health wise.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Long Covid

If this is pooper's latest trading position, time to short Covid NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Read they think it may be due to damage to tiny blood vessels so the body isn't getting the oxygen and nutrients it requires for normal state. Though lots more research needed to be sure, so those more susceptible can be warned or treated better before the damage occurs.

Not sure I've heard of anyone famous having long covid, or being at death's door or actually dying. Most one would think are vulnerable, from Bozo, Trump and other prominant government figures to Prince Charles, all manner of celebrity saying they've had it, have brushed it off pretty easily and quickly.
                  Trump and Bozo would never admit to it as it would be seen as a sign of weakness.

Prince Charles is heir to the throne so it would have to be hidden.

At some point some famous people will come out and say they have Long Covid. (There are probably some C-listers claiming they have it now but I can't be bothered to search for it.)

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Then they expect the population to put up with the broad stroke approach of lockdowns and restrictions causing all manner of chaos and storing up bigger problems for the future both economically and health wise.
                  Famous people are subjected to lockdowns. However there is a difference to being locked down if you have multiple homes with very large grounds like The Queen, to living 6 to a one-bedroom flat on the 15th floor of a tower block.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've renamed my winkle, from daddy to Covid.

That is all.

Comment

Working...
                    X