• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apparent number of people working on test and trace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparent number of people working on test and trace

COVID-19: Hundreds of Deloitte consultants working on test and trace - YouTube.

Includes cost. No surprise really.

Many people from Deloitte. I was under the impression Serco was involved??

Well rates not cost.

I've worked with Deloitte consultants in the past and in my experience they are generally better than the other Big 4 consultancies or near equivalents. But WTF can 1,100 of them be doing on Test & Trace? Surely it's not that complicated?!?

And 84 consultants from McKinsey and BCG? They are two of the 'Big 3' global strategy consultancies along with Bain (i.e. the world's most expensive consultants.) The mind boggles at what they must be doing. Their most senior staff can charge £7,000/day upwards.

Comment

So you're highlighting the fact that a client is hiring a load of consultants on a forum of contractors!?

And don't forget T&T IS an entire new Govt. department that has been stood up in short order, or did you expect all the stuff that the NHS and DHSC were doing before this has been parked?!

And we all know that for every 1 person on the £2360 a day scale, most of the work is done by and resources are grads at the lower end
      Last edited by SimonMac; 9 October 2020, 15:54.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

They will spend billions on test and trace while other countries are doing it at a fraction of the cost
        gravy train on platform 5, all aboard

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
          I've worked with Deloitte consultants in the past and in my experience they are generally better than the other Big 4 consultancies or near equivalents. But WTF can 1,100 of them be doing on Test & Trace? Surely it's not that complicated?!?
          Those excel spreadsheets and powerpoints need making. I hope they save it as xlsx this time not xls.

Comment

Bozo has already covered this.

Boris Johnson says coronavirus crisis presents 'massive opportunity' to 'maximise potential of country' | London Evening Standard

We have a massive opportunity now to use this unquestionable crisis
            There will be many companies on favourable terms with those in government making out like bandits. They've got to get some payoff for all those party donations and brown nosing sessions at the private clubs. It's only a few billion from the magic money tree.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              So you're highlighting the fact that a client is hiring a load of consultants on a forum of contractors!?

And don't forget T&T IS an entire new Govt. department that has been stood up in short order, or did you expect all the stuff that the NHS and DHSC were doing before this has been parked?!

And we all know that for every 1 person on the £2360 a day scale, most of the work is done by and resources are grads at the lower end
              Yes, I might be stating the bleeding obvious (and I have been a consultant at a big global firm that did a lot of government work) but there are a lot of other companies involved in the programme too and I still struggle to reconcile the cost of it all when you look at what is actually being delivered. I used to work at a company that had the largest IT programme in the world at the time and I'm pretty sure it managed to make do with a lot less consultants.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

No I said I thought it was Serco. And assumed people on this forum would find the link interesting.

Also my thoughts also, regarding most at the lower end rates.

I am getting on a bit now days. but discussion forums used to be for discussions.

Comment

Working...
                X