• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wear A Mask Everywhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wear A Mask Everywhere

Coronavirus UK:BMA say masks should be worn outside and in work places | Metro News

Top doctors have slammed the Government’s ‘inconsistent’ coronavirus restrictions and urged them to make masks mandatory outside and in all work places.

The British Medical Association (BMA) said the inconsistency of the Government’s messaging after the first lockdown was lifted played a part in the resurgence of the virus.

They have published a set of recommendations they think will have a ‘positive effect’ if ‘introduced quickly’.

The BMA say people should have to wear facemasks in all outdoor settings where they cannot stay two metres away from each other and in all office and working environments.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I've followed every single restriction/rule so far. Even if I disagreed with them.

I will not under any circumstances wear a mask outside. It's going too far and there is no scientific basis for this recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
      I've followed every single restriction/rule so far. Even if I disagreed with them.

I will not under any circumstances wear a mask outside. It's going too far and there is no scientific basis for this recommendation.
      Very helpful, cheers.

Comment

If someone isn't wearing a mask in a forest, and there's no one there to witness it, is that person wearing a mask?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by SorenLorensen View Post
          Very helpful, cheers.
          Just as helpful as yours

Comment

DOOOOOOM

Comment

Mask? They mean face covering?

Been using a motorbike neck buff where necessary. Easy to pull down and back up instead of faffing with ear loops. Also looks a bit more casual and now it's getting colder doubles as a neck warmer when outdoors, which was the original use on the motorbike.

So if they bring in a new rule to wear a 'mask' outdoors I'll just pull it up whenever I see any wombles (aka covid marshalls) or fuzz and have it down around my neck the rest of the time. How do you like them apples?
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                If someone isn't wearing a mask in a forest, and there's no one there to witness it, is that person wearing a mask?

Only if you can hear the sound of one hand clapping.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Only if you can hear the sound of one hand clapping.
                  What's the other hand doing exactly?
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I understood it to mean wearing masks outside if you're not maintaining social distance.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X