• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wear A Mask Everywhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    I've followed every single restriction/rule so far. Even if I disagreed with them.

I will not under any circumstances wear a mask outside. It's going too far and there is no scientific basis for this recommendation.
    There are plenty of times outdoor face coverings are indicated. Any time you are in close proximity to someone face-to-face for instance... say at a Trump speech. Pretty clear proof it can be transmitted outside right there.

Now, saying you should wear one at all times outdoors is clearly not directly medically indicated. But it becomes easier to go that way rather than have everyone constantly taking them on and off and confused what they should be doing.

It's not exactly a big hardship, in fact come winter it'll help keep your face warm.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      There are plenty of times outdoor face coverings are indicated. Any time you are in close proximity to someone face-to-face for instance... say at a Trump speech. Pretty clear proof it can be transmitted outside right there.

Now, saying you should wear one at all times outdoors is clearly not directly medically indicated. But it becomes easier to go that way rather than have everyone constantly taking them on and off and confused what they should be doing.

It's not exactly a big hardship, in fact come winter it'll help keep your face warm.
      Masks outdoors appear to have a low impact on reducing transmission. However, a low impact public health intervention that does not impact on economic activity is of value in combination with other public health interventions. Since the early days, there have been a number of 'levers' each of which have an impact and which together combine to increase or decrease rates of transmission: schools open or closed; same for pubs, hairdressers etc.; same for masks in retail spaces.

Comment

Cool, you can wear one if you like. This is a hill I am willing to die on. I will not provide my personal information to any police officers, pay any fines and will fight any fine I still end up with in court. I suspect this wont happen though, like I said no science to back it up and would be very unpopular.

Your trump rally is a bad example... since rallies like that are already banned in the UK.

Comment

Cool, you can wear one if you like. This is a hill I am willing to die on. I will not provide my personal information to any police officers, pay any fines and will fight any fine I still end up with in court. I suspect this wont happen though, like I said no science to back it up and would be very unpopular.

Your trump rally is a bad example... since rallies like that are already banned in the UK.
          Of course you will, love.

Comment

What you mean is "I've rejected all the science that backs it up because it annoys me"
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Banned because outside transmission is very much backed by science.
              Let's face reality, the moment a police officer approachers you'll wet yourself and blubber apologies.

I'm imagining during the Blitz people "there's no scientific evidence blacking out my windows prevents bombers finding London" and the reaction they'd get. What a cosseted, entitled population we have. If you think wearing a mask erodes your identity or freedom then really, I don't think you were ever free to be so easily affected.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                What you mean is "I've rejected all the science that backs it up because it annoys me"
                I like to mentally replace "masks" with "trousers" when people are frothing about how intolerable and totalitarian such measures are.

Comment

Wonder what % of the population are now immune to the virus and for whom this 'advice' is just laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    Wonder what % of the population are now immune to the virus and for whom this 'advice' is just laughable.

A lot fewer than you think.

"Immunity" appears to last a maximum of 3 months.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Banned because outside transmission is very much backed by science.
                      Let's face reality, the moment a police officer approachers you'll wet yourself and blubber apologies.

I'm imagining during the Blitz people "there's no scientific evidence blacking out my windows prevents bombers finding London" and the reaction they'd get. What a cosseted, entitled population we have. If you think wearing a mask erodes your identity or freedom then really, I don't think you were ever free to be so easily affected.
                      What a brilliantly accurate and completely reasonable equivalence.

Comment

Working...
                      X