• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wear A Mask Everywhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    A lot fewer than you think.

"Immunity" appears to last a maximum of 3 months.
    Do you have a source for this? I'm intrigued

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      There are a few sources that say antibodies last up to 6 months and/or give no protection against Covid but the T cell response may be the answer to immunity.

Articles like this from Imperial and this in the New Scientist.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Longitudinal evaluation and decline of antibody responses in SARS-CoV-2 infection | medRxiv

In summary, the antibodies appear affective for 95% of people at 8 days, 60% at 2 weeks, but that figure is around 17% at 12 weeks.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

IIRC from my O Level biology all immunity works this way. You body does not produce stuff it does not need. More scaremongering from the Media/NHSNCS

Comment

And if you don't like the UK study, here's one from China...
            303 See Other

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              IIRC from my O Level biology all immunity works this way. You body does not produce stuff it does not need. More scaremongering from the Media/NHSNCS
              Nigel, IIRC, were you a UKIP member of similar?

Comment

Wonder what % of the population are now immune to the virus and for whom this 'advice' is just laughable.
                You're the one who brought up "immunity", are you now saying that no one is immune because of your O level biology, or that everyone is immune? Your comments are laughable, particularly the idea that "the Media" is to blame for science.

Damn that science stuff, can't we just stick with casual racism, right wing loons and a flat earth?

Comment

You're the one who brought up "immunity", are you now saying that no one is immune because of your O level biology, or that everyone is immune? Your comments are laughable, particularly the idea that "the Media" is to blame for science.

Damn that science stuff, can't we just stick with casual racism, right wing loons and a flat earth?
                  YLGOI

Comment

Antibody responses in individuals with laboratory-confirmed MERS-CoV infection lasted for at least 34 months after the outbreak.
                    Note that the 34 Months is duration since the first antibodies isolated and that report.

i.e. you will not detect antibodies unless you have been re-infected. Unless you wish to rewrite all of that 'Science stuff'

Comment

A lot fewer than you think.

"Immunity" appears to last a maximum of 3 months.
                      There is hardly any evidence for or against immunity, now the second wave has started we shall see how many will contract it for a second time

Comment

Working...
                      X