• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wear A Mask Everywhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    Personally I have had enough of all this mask b*****ks.
    I am one of the people who are supposed to be categorically exempt (respiratory health reasons) from wearing a mask.
    "oh no you have to wear a mask" ok...
    ME:"lets see how that pans out"
    Me 10 mins later: "Hello, ambulance, please"

Best one was earlier today - in a hospital!!!!! - To be fair they were pretty good and got me Oxygen very quick. The were also what I would describe as over quick with their apologies. My task for later on today is to dictate a strongly worded letter to the trust Chief Executive regarding this for my PA to type.

This is the third time I have needed ambulance/hospital assistance because I cannot get enough air in with the mask.

The reason for this is that too many people have only listened to one part of the government message and not enough have listened to the other part regarding exemption, furthermore the government have not put a proper exemption in place for example ID card.

This goes on further with a societal change that I truly believe in. That too many people these days believe that reading or listening is below them.
    There have been numerous tests in hospitals to test oxygen levels when breathing through a mask. All tests so far using a medical oxygen sensor (that clip they put on your finger when doing an ECG) show there is zero oxygen reduction in the blood when using a mask. A mask is uncomfortable and restricts airflow but the human body is very good in coping.

I have resorted to using a mask when in the open air in the high street, the reason; two aggressive beggars came up close to me and purposely breathed heavily over me and would not go away.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Well, that sucks.

Dutch researchers report first death from COVID-19 reinfection - BNO News

Comment

Could be worse.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Could be worse.
          Yeah, Trump could get it again: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/h...an/5965917002/
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Could be worse.
            +1. At least they survived first time.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              And it may be worse than the first time.....

President Pence?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

89 year old cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Hasn't Covid suffered enough?

Comment

Could be worse.
                    True. They could’ve died listening to scootie’s podcast on technical charting for negative winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      There have been numerous tests in hospitals to test oxygen levels when breathing through a mask. All tests so far using a medical oxygen sensor (that clip they put on your finger when doing an ECG) show there is zero oxygen reduction in the blood when using a mask. A mask is uncomfortable and restricts airflow but the human body is very good in coping.

I have resorted to using a mask when in the open air in the high street, the reason; two aggressive beggars came up close to me and purposely breathed heavily over me and would not go away.
                      You're falling into their trap if you start talking about medical studies, they'll just say they're fake or point you to 'a doctor' who disputes it and claim "doctors can't agree".

You don't need a medical study to show wearing a simple mask is safe. Go to the dentist. Look at a surgeon. Think about tradesmen. Consider people wearing bandanas on their motorbikes. Or how you cover your face when you visit a really cold country. Or consider that in many countries, people have been wearing masks when ill as a courtesy for decades - as well as when covering their faces when air conditions are bad (forest fires, pollution) to HELP their breathing.

It's a nonsense.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X