• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wear A Mask Everywhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    Cool resorting to name calling
    Thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      How do you know there are too many people claiming they cannot wear a face mask?
      Unlike London, nearly everybody knows everybody. There are a few old fogies (men) I know who refuse and claim to the shop they are exempt. There are dozens of local youths between 18 - 25 who are always together out on the streets and they all claim to be exempt when they shop. Strangely, women of all ages wear a mask and the people I know with respiratory conditions all wear a mask. It's very much a male macho thing not to wear one.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I work with a few guys who call them muzzles and face nappies, they refuse to wear them too, it's all about freedom of expression they say.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          I work with a few guys who call them muzzles and face nappies, they refuse to wear them too, it's all about freedom of expression they say.
          Shame it's a bad impression they're making.

As I said, replace "mask" with "trousers" and see how their arguments sound.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Unlike London, nearly everybody knows everybody. There are a few old fogies (men) I know who refuse and claim to the shop they are exempt. There are dozens of local youths between 18 - 25 who are always together out on the streets and they all claim to be exempt when they shop. Strangely, women of all ages wear a mask and the people I know with respiratory conditions all wear a mask. It's very much a male macho thing not to wear one.
            And men, particularly old ones, are more likely to die of Covid.

Leaving happy wives if they have a decent pension.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              And men, particularly old ones, are more likely to die of Covid.

Leaving happy wives if they have a decent pension.
              Covid is just dangerous enough to be a very real problem, but not dangerous enough to scare people who realise the odds of serious problems are low. I wonder if we'd have fewer deaths if it were more deadly, since people would be more concerned?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Coronavirus UK:BMA say masks should be worn outside and in work places | Metro News

Top doctors have slammed the Government’s ‘inconsistent’ coronavirus restrictions and urged them to make masks mandatory outside and in all work places.

The British Medical Association (BMA) said the inconsistency of the Government’s messaging after the first lockdown was lifted played a part in the resurgence of the virus.

They have published a set of recommendations they think will have a ‘positive effect’ if ‘introduced quickly’.

The BMA say people should have to wear facemasks in all outdoor settings where they cannot stay two metres away from each other and in all office and working environments.
                And I'm seen as a nutter for sharing a David Icke video

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
                  That just show exactly how deep the conspiracy runs.

Mods, Banhammer please!

Comment

Coronavirus: Liverpool crowds 'shame our city'

Pictures of large crowds gathering in Liverpool two hours before new Covid-19 restrictions came into effect "shame our city", its mayor has said. Footage on social media showed people dancing and surrounding a police car in Concert Square at 22:00 BST

The video tells it all

Coronavirus: Liverpool crowds '''shame our city''' - BBC News
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
                      Careful, the Giant Alien Lizards might be listening.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X