• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iona

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iona

Iona Cruise Ship Highlights | P&O Cruises

P&O have just got delivery of their largest cruise ship for the UK market.

As the first British cruise ship to be powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG), Iona is our greenest, largest and most innovative ship yet. And she has a host of surprises in store. With Iona’s luminous glass-roofed SkyDome, on-board gin distillery and whole world of dining and entertainment on board, we can hardly wait to share her with you.

We now eagerly look forward to Iona’s new maiden season in Northern Europe and Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands...
    It ain't going anywhere just yet....

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Iona Cruise Ship Highlights | P&O Cruises

P&O have just got delivery of their largest cruise ship for the UK market.

It ain't going anywhere just yet....

Ship park getting full...

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Ship park getting full...

Saw these a few weeks ago when I took my wife for a little ride to Hengistbury Head. Very expensive ships to be sitting doing nothing!
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Turn them into floating hospitals for Covid-19 patients. Pump the entire vessel with an oxygen rich atmosphere.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Turn them into floating hospitals for Covid-19 patients. Pump the entire vessel with an oxygen rich atmosphere.
          You trying to kill people?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

PM is doing a far better job than I.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Why on earth would anyone want to spend time on a floating tower block with up to 7,000 other people?
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                Why on earth would anyone want to spend time on a floating tower block with up to 7,000 other people?
                It's my version of hell on earth. Crammed with people, ugly metal boxes, no where to escape to, horrible.

I would turn them into prison ships, the inmates will appreciate the buffet, entertainment and lively bars.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Sell them to Wetherspoons, Sail to international waters and open all pubs on board. Those who survive don't need to quarantine as international waters is not on the list

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Sell them to Wetherspoons, Sail to international waters and open all pubs on board. Those who survive don't need to quarantine as international waters is not on the list

And in international waters you don't pay tax!
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X