• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan Z - making and selling tat for fun and profit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is actually a thread somewhere about how a cheaper but dirtier way of making money for nothing. Though in your case the quickest way would be to go blonde and be willing to give a certain person "IT lessons".
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Nope even the stupidest customer isn't that stupid (and I used to do IT support for secretaries and marketing back in the late 1980's).
      Tell that to the Thistle Hotel Heathrow front-of-house team.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        There is actually a thread somewhere about how a cheaper but dirtier way of making money for nothing. Though in your case the quickest way would be to go blonde and be willing to give a certain person "IT lessons".
        The old man has Internal Therapy lessons (Novice to Advanced) on his price list. The blonde wig is extra

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          So I've just taken in a neighbour's parcel for her and she has the name of a previously unknown business in her address, I googled the name and it seems that she's making key rings out of cord and lego-type heads and selling them for a tenner a pop.

I'm not a natural entrepreneur like wot MF is, but there has to something that I can make easily or buy and sell for a healthy profit.

I'm off to do a bit of research now...
          Stuff like this is very doable.

I am seeing ex-contractors now almost every day - I still need to generate a product to sell to them all.

My distilled commercial advice is that if you can find you can do and enjoy it and really make a profit from it especially in todays market then ditch the contracts if you can and bloody well do it.

Whatever you do though make sure you have a back up plan to get back to where you if everything does fall apart. Leave via reception and not the fire exit and DO NOT slam the door shut on the way out.

I am actually now so concerned for the contracting marketplace to the effect that I am actually considering withdrawing my own contracting offer (product/service combo) from the market from 31/12/2020.
          The more and more I hear and read about trad contracting the more and more disappointed I am about how ****ed up it is. It is now so much more of a massive testicular pain than it used to be . I have questioned whether or not it is worth and the answer came back a resounding NO.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Court how are prices/deals holding up in this time of covid19 from your trade list ?

Is it abandon ship time for many?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              So I've just taken in a neighbour's parcel for her and she has the name of a previously unknown business in her address, I googled the name and it seems that she's making key rings out of cord and lego-type heads and selling them for a tenner a pop.

I'm not a natural entrepreneur like wot MF is, but there has to something that I can make easily or buy and sell for a healthy profit.

I'm off to do a bit of research now...
              You made the rookie mistake, you don't make millions selling tat, you make millions telling people how they can sell tat
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                You made the rookie mistake, you don't make millions selling tat, you make millions telling people how they can sell tat

Try to visualise how much tat you have to shift to keep pace with that contractor meter ticking away quietly at the edge of your desk while you are daydreaming about Plan Bs

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  I'm always intrigued by the story of someone who found some tat from China and realised he/she could still make a healthy profit by giving it away free, but with a fairly high post and packing. So they did some drop shipping and viral advertising on social media about free stuff and people lapped it up and it made them a millionaire.
                  I was watching the news and some guy said that he made a healthy profit from selling tat to Trump supporters.

I'll bet the said tat didn't come from America...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You could always start an onlyfans Cojak

Comment

Originally posted by Hanbanthankyoumam View Post
                      You could always start an onlyfans Cojak
                      You should she her strum the ukulele
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X