• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan Z - making and selling tat for fun and profit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You should she her strum the ukulele
    ..or maybe not - that is definitely not the way to fame and fortune.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      You should she her strum the ukulele
      HA! Defo not the way to fame and fortune... although..... Kim K ... just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Worked for Norman Wisdom.. Do you have a flat cap?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          There is actually a thread somewhere about how a cheaper but dirtier way of making money for nothing. Though in your case the quickest way would be to go blonde and be willing to give a certain person "IT lessons".

Silly accent optional?

Comment

I find that promising to stop playing raises more funds for me. (In memory of Brillo)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              I find that promising to stop playing raises more funds for me. (In memory of Brillo)

Strangely when Brillo stopped playing it always cost him.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Court how are prices/deals holding up in this time of covid19 from your trade list ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                Hi Tarbs, mate,
                "Is it abandon ship time for many?"

It is abandon ship time ish but it is confusing.
                Lets put this in context. On the 29th of September I published the latest issue of "the list" The Trade House Magazine to give it its Sunday name.

Just under £9,000,000 of price reductions since Monday BUT £29,000,000 of new instructions again since Monday.

I say that there will be lots more new stuff and I think values will take a tumbling in 2021.
                Further context. A freehold restaurant on the south coast with residential lets above has reduced from £800k (before lockdown) to £425k and the vendor is now very very desperate!

The winter special is the busiest of the year because of the significance to the sector of the period between Christmas and New Year. On pre lock down values I would be expecting to list between £3 billion and £3.5 billion based on the performance of the magazine. In reality the volume of listings will be there but I do not think unless I get some very big portfolios or Middle East stuff in (its possible but I would not bet my last Rolo) that the winter edition will top £3,000,000,000. I am currently at just over £2,400,000,000.

PS: Mate, I might be back down South Weekend after next. Beers?
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

This by any chance ?

Paracord Buddy | Home Of The Best EDC Gear | Shop Now – Paracord Buddy UK

Comment

I'm not a natural entrepreneur like wot MF is
                    MF would probably redirect all mail from her house to his.

Comment

So I've just taken in a neighbour's parcel for her and she has the name of a previously unknown business in her address, I googled the name and it seems that she's making key rings out of cord and lego-type heads and selling them for a tenner a pop.

I'm not a natural entrepreneur like wot MF is, but there has to something that I can make easily or buy and sell for a healthy profit.

I'm off to do a bit of research now...

Oh! Jacko! You wouldn't believe me if I told you how you can make money online by making things or bundling them.

I now run a small Facebook group where we tip each other about deals in stores, And make bundles & product listings for stuff to sell on AMazon and Ebay.

For example, Matchmakers Gift Bundle from Tesco. Cost 6 x 75p = £4.50. Then Clubcard plus for 10% off! £4.05. Then buy a 5% Gift card to pay for it, so it's down to £3.85. Use a cashback card 1% to buy the gift card. 3.85p, so down to £3.81, and then of course you get 1% in points on the £4.05 so that's 4p. So in total a cost of £3.77!

Matchmakers Chocolates: 6 Box Gift Bundle: (6 x 120g) - 3 Fantastic Flavours: Cool, Mint, Zesty Orange, Maple & Pecan: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

And the selling price! £13.99! Easy money.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X